Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sunny Spring Day in February, Vancouver BC

I'm inside working on this sunny day. It reminds me of when I was child at school looking out the window. I wish I could be like Tom Sawyer and go fishing. It's that kind of day. Sunny days in February in Vancouver are harbingers of spring.  There's the smell of promise in the air.  It can still rain and snow but we're over the hump. I want to catch the rays today, surf the sun, ride the light.  It's that kind of day.  Instead I'm in an office waiting for someone to come suspecting they're playing hookey. I did that in high school. Skpped classes on glorious spring days just to walk in the woods by the river.  I would definitely like a walk in the park.  Crocuses are probably showing. I saw cherry blossoms in Stanley Park last week. If I was a hibernating bear I'd smile and roll over.  March here the spring gets fairly constant.  Stable and predictable. More nice days than sad.  Today is so refreshing because its still a surprise. Yesterday was miserable with cold and rain. Today it's bright and sunny. I love the spring in Vancouver. Such a mixture of tease and promise.

No comments: