Saturday, February 18, 2012

Harrisons Hot Springs, BC

I have three favourite places at Harrison Hot Springs. The Harrison Hot Springs Resort and Spa is a spectacular retreat.  The mineral springs are right there in the hotel.  The Copper  Room has the finest dining and great entertainment. I love the times I've eatten and danced the night away there. Nothing like getting up in the morning and taking the waters to cure a late night too.  The shops in Harrison's are equally top drawer. I've come for conferences, for individual romantic retreats as well as bringing family when I really wanted to show off a treasure of British Columbia so close to Vancouver.
I love the Ramada Executive Hotel. It's not as expensive as the Spa and it's right down town across from the public pool.  It has underground parking, sauna, whirlpool and steam room.  We order food from the fine dining restaurant downstairs called Rockamoles and have had the best in room meals watching movies.  For breakfast I walk a half block across the street to Cookin Kim's Country Cafe where they have the best in house and take out country cooking.  I like the public pool for a change.  And being in the village we are more likely to walk Gilbert around the town enjoying the wonderful view of mountains and lake.  I love the view from the room of Harrison's Lake too.
Then there's the Bungalo Motel. I've been coming to those for decades just like the Harrisons Hot Springs Resort and Spa. I only found the Executive one time when both the others were booked and I lucked out in finding another great retreat in Harrisons.  The Bungalo is quaint little cabins right next to the beach and across from the lonely town church.  They're incredibly cozy and the owners have an office where they dish out ice cream in a dozen great flavours.
Now I'm suspicious that there are possibly a few other places, perhaps not so unique and perfect for my tastes, but equally interesting and accomodating. The town has literally a dozen or more accomodations but I've been more than satisfied which the wealth of comfort and charm I've found in these three.
There's also a provincial campground  along the lake and I've actually camped there. We've tented in several places near by and all have had their specific merits.  Right now I am loving the King Size bed in the Executive and thiinking of walking across the hall for another work out in the whirlpool .  It's raining outside and while I have rejoiced in the smell of wood smoke and pine I think today, at my age, I'm going to enjoy wood smell of the sauna better.
Obviously Harrison Hotsprings has something for everyone but when I'm here I get that sneaky feeling it was made just for me. IMG 0692

No comments: