Sunday, November 13, 2022

Yuma, Sunday, Day 10

I had my first night of sleeping through without the pain waking me.  I ve done meditation and back exercises, very similar to old yoga moves.  These pain is teaching me that prevention is better than injury.  I even have hope the sciatica will eventually release me. I’ve worried though about the drive back because sitting seems to make it worse. I have3 difficulty getting out of the car and standing up.  I’m not bothered by sitting at the desk as much. More breaks and stretches. 
I enjoyed swimming in the outdoor pool in my black and white bikini.  I enjoyed lying on the deck lounger reading . I’ve a new historical fiction of China in th 1850’s.  I enjoyed going to the market in the morning and buying local earrings.  
I drove out to Mexico but it was so busy on Saturday I didn’t find parking I was comfortable with. I’d hoped to sit in an outdoor cafe and write. I also wanted huevros rancheros.  Maybe next weekend.  I had a bit of a line up to leave.  My plan next week is to park my car and walk across the border.  A lot do that.  
Today I’m going to the United Methodist Church.  I found it searching ‘dog friendly church’.  I’d also ad driven by it so figured I’d be able to find it.  There’s a St. Paul’s Episcopalian I may visit next Sunday.  John Wesley thought to reform the Anglican Church in th mid 1800’s not create a separate Protestant Chruch.  I enjoyed attending the Methodist church in Saipan Northern Mariana Islands.  It was an older congregation, some children so those younger than me but i thought most were senior. Very welcoming. Uplifting. I felt welcome with a dog and wearing a polka dot dress and black jacket. Madigan, black and white,, and I certainly matched. 
Now I’m at The Press Cafe and Bistro siting outside on their patio. I’d tried the Garden Cafe but though out door and Madigan was wearing his ‘Therapy Dog vest.  She turned us a way and said she’d had such trouble with dogs before.  I diddn’t like that of course as clearly the dogs and owners who caused the problem should have paid rather than have ne be penalized ,
I did get a Yuma mug for my room. I’d been reusing paper cups making coffee in the microwave and today the cup was leaking .I like coffee and now have a souvenir and something useful while I’m here
I am now at the Press Cafe and Bistro.  Their Cafe Late is excellent, We’re siting on the outdoor deck in the sun.  A local lady said she thought it was cold and she’d hadn’t warmed up all wee. I thought about the food in Vancouver. I’m planning on having a swim this afternoon and lying by the pool side. That will be after the ‘rodeo’ breakfast.   
I like the lightness and freedom of wear. I don’t think of myself as different. It’s just normal and no one seems at odds with this. I’m well dressed. Stylish. Conservative. I no long think of my clothing or appearance as such. It just is and I











No comments: