Friday, November 4, 2022

Kelso, Washington, day 1, Yuma Trip

So glad we made it. Best Western Aladdin Inn.  They had a room available for a dog and it was on the main floor. Vancouver BC to Kelso (431 km )
I’d driven my British racing green Mini Cooper down from Vancouver BC.  I left at 830 am.  All my valuables I packed off to the storage locker and my friends are watching the place regardless of my sophisticated alarm system, mainly for protecting Madigan when I’m not home. He ‘s with me now.  I was at the border at 930 am and there was no line up.
I’m dressed in my new peach jacket, light sleeveless shirt, the long brown sweater and blue jean skirt with black tights, I’m wearing my terrific painted short boots.  I didn’t put on eye make up. It tires my eyes.  I didn’t even put on lipstick. I was decidedly au femme to the pretty blond border agent.  She was friendly and passed me through when I said where I was going and where I was staying.  She didn’t need my vaccination information or Madigan’s rabies form I picked up last night.  The Passport was all she wanted.
It was great to be heading down the I5.
I stopped at a drive through MacDonalds.  I had the sausage and egg with hashbrowns while Madigan accepted the meat patty when it cooled off and I fed it to him a price at a time at the rest stop.  We walked in the down pouring rain. We both got wet. I had his rain jacket but didn’t use it. I will tomorrow if the deluge continues . Thy called it ‘atmospheric river.  Deborah said that’s the new climate change name for rain. It really was a deluge.
At times I could hardly see the car ahead of me with all the rain and spray. I used the men’s washrooms at the rest areas. I filled up the tank once.  $46 American. As it was getting late I looked for Motel 6’s at they’re pet friendly.  There was one in Kelso but I stopped at the American motel and they didn’t have any ground floor rooms,
My sciatica has been a problem. It’s okay driving mostly thanks to the heated seat. I do find it hard to walk the dog at rest stops.  Still it’s not worse but here I’ve lucked out
Ground floor dog friendly room at the Best Western. 
They have a pool and I was tempted to put on a bathing suit in hope they have a hot tub there. They usually do. Wearing a bikini, I feared I’d scare children. I may try later in the evening though it’s rather small over all and I don’t want to be that close to others.  I have tv and a book.  I’ve ordered Pizza.
 Madigan ate one of his Tiki wets foods.  He’s chewing on his bear.  I see ears on the floor.  He was about to pull the stuffing out of the nose so I’ve taken it from him. He’s not impressed.  
We’re here. It’s warm now in the room. A meat lover’s pizza and garlic bread and Pepsis are on the way. I had thought to shower earlier but I ‘ll wait for the food and shower later.  I’ve taken a ketorolac for the sciatica.  I took one today and it’s seemed to help.   





No comments: