Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Home Sweet Home, (Yuma Trip)

I left the excellent Motel 6 in Albany, great rooms, great staff,  perfect I5 location.  Right off the road.  Loved this accommodation.  In the morning didn’t get away till 830 am.  I arrived at the border at 3 pm.  The distnce Albany to Vancouvrr was 384.4 miles (618.6 km)6 hour and 30 minutes. I had a half hour wait at the border and the distance from the border to Vancouver is 52 km or 1 hour drive.
I was au femme at the border with the new red warm puffy coat I’d bought for $70 in Eureka.  They asked me where I’d been, Yuma, what I was doing? (work cation — checking out the area for future use bringing down my RV, wanted to drive it and check out RV parks (example River’s Edge) and if I’d had contact with anyone?. Other than hotel staff and food services. No.  How much are you bringing back? Under a thousand , a few hundred dollars.  I said I’d bought some purses for gifts and some meds for my personal use.  He seemed to be teaching someone and since I’m not a criminal and it’s $200 a day, and $1600 allowance I really was within my alottment.  I was thankful to get through and happy to be back in Canada. 
It was dark when I got to my home and a sign on the door asked that I check the water as freezing temperatures were expected. -3 degrees. I couldn’t see any problem but phone Kelvin at Travco last night to ask him to come by and check it out. He’d installed the new hot water heater but it all looked well to me.  Just saw him this morning and he’s going to be coming by.
Royal Columbia thought I was going to be by Monday but I sent the original email saying I could start there Wednesday , that I was leaving Nov 5 and it was a 4 to 6 day drive.  I had forgotten that I was starting at Docside today virtual so was glad to hear from Mary Lou that I was.  
I paid the tax instalment as Royal Columbia couldn’t transfer my pay so I was glad to have over draft as CRA charge $500 late fee for instalments automatically.  
I had to get the heat back on too and succeeded in that, first the electric then the propane. 
Madigan was happy to be in his neighbourhood and sniffing everything when I walked him briefly about last night.
I made soup and got Yellowstone fron Parliament on Prime.
Tried to talk to Laura but she was only texting.  Working on the phone all day she abhors the phone. Madigan and I just wanted to hear her voice, 
I’ll be glad to get to my Wednesday meeting. 
It was a great trip and my back pain is still present but I’m alive and had a month less winter, and none of the November dreary rains.  
I’d not put on tights and the chill was really apparent on my bare legs when I stopped the Mini Cooper outside my home.  I was so glad I had hidden a key and found that immediately,  I wished I’d pressed the trip meeting to know how much travelling I’d done. It was 5000 km return. 
5000 km return in my Mini Cooper with Madigan,  Laura and I had done the San Diego trip in 2 weeks at Christmas when I bought the Mini initially so I could take Blind Gilbert down to the beaches and we could experience some heat, Laura hadn’t like driving at night.  Madigan had loved the beaches.  4500 km that time.
This was a lot better, with three weeks of work and down time.  I liked staying in the US and visiting Mexico but I felt safe everywhere,  I just worry about theft and a bit for my dog. The Mexican dogs had ganged up on Shinto and I know Mexico theives work together one to distract and one to rob.  I’m older now and don’t see my fighting my way out of a confrontation especially with my dog along.  Not that I don’t believe Madigan would assist.  I’m so glad it all well well.
Thank you Jesus. I certainly prayed the whole time
 I enjoyed Season 5 , the first episode of Yellow Stone
Driving home I’d enjoyed listening to the Hit a second time by David Baldacci.
I still don’t know what I’m going to do when I grow up but figure I’ll work another year to pay off the cost of the Camper repairs. I think I’ll sell the SV Giri despite the nostalgia and feeling I’m letting go a part of my life,  The future is the canper I think,  This here is my home and I don’t think it would work for travelling.  Too big,  I really have to downsize this year,  
What a great Adventure.  Snowbird status.  I guess my next hope is to do 2 -3  months of this with the camper next winter as a Workation.  I only wished I’d had the privacy to work in the sun rather than being in the dark hotel room , Given the long drive I’d like to do a week travelling each way rather than 10 hour days x 4.  The longer away would be best. I do like the season I’ve returned to my my back hurts and I’d like to get a massage as soon as possible and establish the nightly hot tub and swim. 
It’s all well
Thank you Jesus for keeping Madigan and I safe.









No comments: