Sunday, November 6, 2022

Medford,Oregon to Firebaugh, California, Day3, Yuma Trip.

We left the Motel 6 in Medford at 730. Iwanted to get over the 4300 feet Siskiyu Pass. It felt high. Traffic was sparse. We passed Ashland then drove over the summit. I was thankful. I learned the RV folk avoid this in winter by taking Hwy 20 by the coast.I’ll return  that way.
I loved the Rest Stops. We began seeing olives and great horticulture. Raches, cattle and sheep. I loved the aqueducts with all the green around them. Great crop growing. Huge scale. California rocks.
I almost camped it was so hot mid day but it began to cool down, we had Macdonalds sausage egger and later burgers. Madigan doesn’t like sausage but he ate all the burger.
Sitting was sore but stopping, getting out of the car to walkways excruciating, once I walked a bit it sometimes improved. Walking Madigan was a huge challenge. He was great.Sciatica sucks. 
We stopped at 430 at Firebaugh getting a room in the dog friendly Best Western. Apricot Inn. Lovely place. Great receptionist. Terrific room..
I was able to get some hot dogs for dinner.
Now I’m watching NCIS.
9 hours driving. 461 miles or 741 km. Beautiful foothills and great forests to brown grass plains interspersed with aquaduct farming.
The distance to Yuma is 822 km 7 hr and fifteen minutes.
I check in to Best Western on Tuesday so I’ll spend a day driving and a night, maybe camping before I check in in Yuma.
It’s been a long trip made longer by the chronic pain, sore driving the excruciating waking the dog and going to the rest area toilets and back to the car. 
It’s spiritual. Long drive. Beautiful scenery. Road trip.














No comments: