Friday, November 25, 2022

Motel 6, i5 south of San Francisco. (on return from Yuma)

I left the Best Western in Yuma at 745 am . The distance from Yuma to San Diego was 171 mile (275 km), approx 2 hour and 37 minutes according to Google. I stopped at the Marina to pee. It was exciting to see the Pacific Ocean and San Diego harbour
I drove over this hill in a residential area and there it was.
I drove from San Diego to Los Angeles.  Google give3 th distance as 120.5 miles (120 km) and 1 hour and 51.  I stopped at at Burger King so Madigan and I could have our burgers.  
Then I drove from Los Angeles to here, 300 miles short of San Francisco. Google says the distance from Los Angeles to San Francisco is 381.9 miles (615 km) or 5 hours and 41 minutes.  I’m 296 miles south of San Francisco in this  Motel 6 with Madigan. They’re almost European in their simlicity, friendliness and acceptance of dogs.  

I liked seeing this in the Best Western parking lot.



I stop at most rest areas , getting 15 minute break on the hour.  Lunch was at most an hour.  I filled up half tanks twice.  
So I started at roughly 8 am and finished at 6 pm - 10 hour driving. 1201.2 km or 546 miles,  It seemed like at lot longer but as I was travelling at 120 km / hour mostly on freeway it jives with 1201 km.  6mph and 10 hr gives close to 546 too so I guess this is accurate.  I was at 4000 km in the hills.
It was tiring especially the last hour  in the dark.  Sunset just after 5.  Warm day.  I wore a jean skirt and t shirt with sandals I changed to boots at a rest stop.
I had pull off the road to pee and some police saw my car in the bush and came to see if anything was wrong  I heard them and came out as quick as I could.  Said all was well , “I was just peeing’.  So I jumped in the car behind Madigan who’d picked up a hard piece of cow poop.  I chucked that out before I drove off.  This was up in the foothills. I’d see a sign camping but took the dump turn off 
I listened to the radio. Mostly Mexican. I didn’t like much music but it was a break.  I prayed a lot. Madigan wanted to climb in my lap but I didn’t let him.  I’m downloading audiobooks for tomorrow.
It ‘s unlikely I’ll make it home till Sunday. I read it was 15 hours, 1000 miles (2,200 km).  10 hours was exhausting for me today.  I’m glad I’ve taken the coastal route. It’s been great weather compared to the rain storm coming down.  My sciatica is much better. I just have a twinge of pain standing up from sitting and some soreness walking Madigan. But I’m not brought to my knees and I can walk without tearing soul destroying pain that seemed to ignore the pain killers.  Now I’m here and I feel okay.

I’m looking forward to a good nights sleep.

I’m still moving like I’m in the car. Almost like sea legs.  

I felt less than in the nautical world dressed au femme.  I found that unusual but all of San Diego was that experience. I didn’t care and no body dit in LA but in San Diego I was awkward.  Driving was fine but when I got out of the car at rest stops I felt little confidence. I thought this whole experiment was insane too. I thought I should purge and go masculine . It’s all just boredom and anxiety. I need to get off Netflix and Social media and set some goals like writing the books or taking courses. I’ve been coasting and resting on my laurels.  Patients have been phoning me Friday night. I’lll answer in a day or two, I tell them all my patients I’m not on call but they can have my number and I’ll get back to them in a day or two if it’s a straight forward question especially about medications,  

I really felt and looked relaxed when I left this morning.  

I’m going back to winter and rain and likely snow.  I listened to Christmas Carole’s on the Christian radio station, That was a good half hour or so while I had the reception.  

Thank you Jesus for keeping us safe and caring for Madigan and I. .  Thank you for the Mini Cooper,  









San Diego



San Diego




Motel 6 i5

No comments: