Saturday, November 5, 2022

Medford, Oregon, day 2, Yuma Trip (Kelso to Medford -516 km)

I left Kelso Washington in the rain at 930.  I enjoyed the sausage and egg breakfast and was slugging getting going. The sciatica pain is wearing. It’s been lovely country driving south on the i5 freeway.  I liked when I got to Oregon because the land was populated with sheep and cattle reminding me of Ireland and Scotland.  The Siskiyou Pass is at Ashland 30 minutes south of here. At least I’ll be alert and fresh in the morning and happy to be headed downhill to San Francisco, 362.9 miles from here. I’ve been making good enough time.  I reckoned on a 4 day trip . I check in on the 8th in Yuma.  The total distance is 2, 492 km or 24 hours.  It’s 584 km from here to San Francisco. It’s a 1000 km from San Francisco to Yuma .  I thought I’d do better but I’m doing the slog.  It would be better without the sciatica but that’s just a dull ache driving. The pain hits when I try to walk madigan at rest areas.  
I’ll go to bed early and get up early.  I’ll get a Macdonalds breakfast on the way.  I’m parked right out front of the room so there’s not much loading .
Tomorrow it will start to get warmer for sure. I really can’t wait to be in Yuma heat and dry.  My back will thank me.
Madigan’s been enjoying the company and ride.  I roll his window down whenever he wants to look out .  He likes that.  He had a Macdonald’s burger with me a couple of hours ago and had his wet Tiki food when we got here.  










No comments: