Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Yuma, Day 5

Yesterday I travelled from Firebaugh, Oregon through California to Yuma Arizona.  At the beginning the road was so straight it felt like driving across Saskatchewan.  Agricultural work either side. Aquaducts.   The distance was 515 miles or 828 km.  A long drive.
The foothills were difficult with 10 lanes at places and down pouring rain obscuring visibility. I was doing 60 to 70 mph to stay with traffic.  
At Pasadena I took and exit to look for gas and a place to pee. Old man bladder. I couldn’t find either a fast station or toilet so peed discretely in a jar which I later discarded. I was able to think again and got back on the freeway to exit at a larger turn off.  I got gas and duct tape using this moment to duct tape the iPhone hands free stand to the dashboard. 
The rain let up and the sun shone in all it’s glory as we passed through Palm Springs and Dessert springs.  I like the windmills and solar panels farms. Seemed a bit sci fi.
I almost camped at the Salton Sea but thought I’d rather unpack once more for a few weeks break loading and unloading.

The sunset and full moon were magnificent. 

BW was sold out and 5 others hotels. I found a dog friendly room at Candlewood Suites, more than I’d normally pay  but beggars can’t be choosy.  It’s a magnificent suite with all the emanities .   I order Chinese fusion from Panda online with Dash using it for the first time and putting the same order in twice. Madigan was pleased to share. I was in bed early watching shame Chicago police drama, 

Now I’m up early and have walked the dog. I’ll wait to check out around noon so I can check in early at the Best Western.   I have to make contact with Madigan Paws baby sitter. That way I can make a trip to Mexico and see what the sister town in like and maybe get to the museum. I mostly want to lie outside in the sun

Thank you Jesus. Thank you for getting me to Yuma safely. Please help relieve the pain and heal the sciatica.   Thank you.



























No comments: