Monday, July 12, 2021

July Camping, Princeton

Chilliwack RV Storage continues to store and protect my Camper.  When I saw him, he told me, “The RV repair fellow was able to fix the Happy Jacks and cleaned the propane refrigerator so it’s all good to go.”
“Thanks, “ I said, amazed,  “I hadn’t expected it done so soon given this is their busy time.”
“I know but the fellow said he was going on holiday next week and said he’d try to get by. Then Tuesday he was here and had the job done.”
“Thank you again. I’ll take the camper out for the weekend now.”
 

I had to make the trip out here to pick up my Honda 420 Rancher ATV.  I’d dropped it off at Chilliwack Motorcycle the week before to have it’s first service done and to have my winch installed.  The first service on a new off road vehicle is the most important check. I’d driven it about for a couple weekends. Kelly said they checked it all over and tightened what was loose.  

“I’m all prepared for fall hunting now,” I said. “I”m really out in the wilderness so I don’t want my transport failing me. It would be a long walk back to camp.” 

I brought a rifle and ammunition. I had thought since I’d made the trip out I might camp overnight . I had a little tent and sleeping bag along. I’d thought of a place beyond hope where I’d sighted in my rifle another time and figured I could camp a night there.  Make the trip worthwhile rather than just moving the ATV to storage.  Now I had my camper on, the Happy Jacks working just dandy again.  I have the inflatable dinghy.  I hadn’t thought of coming all the way to Princeton.  The #1 road was closed due to fire and wanted to go some place I had been because night was falling. It surprised me how the day had gone. It certainly was full.

I started dropping off the screen gazebo with Anna. Great to see little Willie, Kendra, Alex and Izek. The baby was sleeping. They’re such a great looking family.  Lots of dirt. “They’ve been playing in the mud in the garden.’  The boys looked like my brother and I looked their age. Kevin calls them the Ozark kids.  Kendra and Willie have the most beautiful  blue eyes. 

Madigan was timid around the kids. He’s never had any contact with little people but it was obvious it was a whole big social event for him. He warmed up to Kendra right away but was stand offish with the boys.  Anna was looking good.  She really has recovered from pregnancy. She was just out of hospital and nursing when I last saw her. Now she’s trimmed down and is looking slim and athletic again.  

I was surprised at Hope to realize it was 930 already. I’d stopped at Independent grocery and stocked up. Not as much as usual but enough for a couple of days. The fridge continues to appear to be working on electrical but not propane. The freezer cools but not the fridge.  I’m glad I found out now on a short weekend get away rather than in my August 5 day trips.  

I bought some steak and chicken to barbecue.  Madigan’s favourite.  It’s keeping well in the freezer which today is down to 50 from 60.  

Though I arrived late in the dark I’m so pleased with this spot.  A wonderful night of beautiful stars.  Great sleep. This morning I have the ATV off the trailer.  I’ve had expresso coffee, yoghurt and orange juice so now plan to take a ride on the logging roads into the backwoods with my rifle , some targets and my camera.  I love the peace out here. Even though I can here the highway. Soon I’ll be quite alone. Despite Covid and everyone heading out camping, I’m far enough from the city that it’s just not that populated. I’m really thankful to get this wilderness spot. In hunting season there’s often several rigs here.  It’s really pretty with the nearby pond where I saw a young moose one year. Today there are geese on the water.  Theres lots of mosquitos so despite how picturesque it is over there I’m glad to be over here where the breeze keeps them down. I must remember to put on Skin so Soft lotion.  

Thank you God for this break from work. Thank you for all the little bits and moving parts that are working. Thank you for John and Kelly. I ‘m sorry I didn’t see Victor but hope to have time on the return.  Thank you for the safe drive up.  Thank you for the Ford F-350. Thank you for the Honda ATV and Loe’s Trailer, that Madigan is well and I’m still in good health and capable of all the planning and considerations that are involved in these wilderness outings.  I even brought my satellite phone.  Though it was only a possibility that I’d stay over night I remembered to bring the essentials and am here off the grid already just feeling wonderful.

Please be with me in all my endeavours. Thank you for allowing me to help several people by phone on the drive up too.  Hallelujah!  Thank you Jesus.









No comments: