Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Tuesday, Cold Autumn Day

It was really chilly yesterday.  No rain but cold. I was wearing a fall jacket and felt my joints and bones responding to the lower

 temperature. Just short of frosty.  Unpleasant. I was wishing I was south and moving to that go like molasses.
Thankfully Kelvin advised me about winterization of the camper and fifth wheel. He’s kind enough to be taking care of that. He came by yesterday to pick up the keys.
A busy day yesterday, morning in clinic, stopping by post office for mail, rushed lunch.  Madgian getting walks to car and back.  The steady flow of virtual and phone visits.  Thankfully I needed before 7.  Speaking with Ernst and Nicoleta outside their new Thor bus. They’re very pleased with it. I learned that Nicoletta used to lead horse group tours.  Told us funny stories of the her horse bolting down a trail knowing its way home. Reminded me of Wayne and doing the man from snowy river, the race horse on the beach of Mexico, the horse town and riding with dad and his friends after work in Saskatoon.
Lovely memories.
Today Nicolette rides and electric scooter and I ride a Harley. Her last time on a horse was a couple of years ago and mine 5 years or more. I told them about doing the Biden getting off the ATV a couple of weekends back. I’m anxious about hurting myself, falls and fears of breaking older bones. Peter joined us then we left with the dogs for a walk around the park. I like the walks with Peter too. He and Larry have been retired a few years and he takes his bus from here in fall, Calgary in summer and Southern California in winter. Much like the migration of the aboriginal.  I admire their adventure. We talk of the journey. I remember the sailing set and our stops along the coast and that year I sailed down to Mexico and knew the cruisers. Jimmy Buffets death recently brought b ack all the fond memories of the ‘changes in latitude’ and ‘margaritaville’
I’m blessed now and thankful.  Just looking forward to the transition from big fifth wheel to camper for a couple of months.  Lots of moving parts. I was up in the middle of night thinking of all the stages and timing.  It’s falling into place.  
The latest is the coalition of China, Korea, Russia, and Iran with the Ukraine war and Hamma attacked Israel over Gaza.  War and rumors of war and more talk of Covid as the flu season ramps up. I’ve been notified that I ‘m eligible for vaccines but there’s been confusion at the centers so I’ve back listed it to next week with this week hair dressed and financial adviser apt.  Laura’s coming on the weekend. 
I mean to phone Dr. Ready the chiropractor not for this week but perhaps next week.  I must plan a storage locker run .  
I arranged times for December and clinic with Karen with Jan and Feb being straight forward virtual work from a different location.  
Thank you God. Thank you Lord.


No comments: