Sunday, October 22, 2023

October Weekend

It was a busy full October weekend. Despite the rain. Early Friday I drove with Madigan to the camper where I found my keys. Hooray. On the way back I had a Macdonald’s Quarter Pounder with cheese while Madigan had his burgher patty. I was able to get m Mail and thankful to MBNA. They contacted me more than five years later to say I had more than a thousand on my card I’d not used since moving. 
 was able to pick up tha laundry which I’d had done after the hunting trip. She actually tried to give me someone else’s laundry before finding mine, the confusion for me was a parrot shirt I’d worn a decade or more ago. I opened up the bag though and his wasn’t  Calvin Klein underwear. When she got the right bag the Calvin Klein underwear with all the cammo clothing was the giveaway. She was so apologetic.
I also had my nails done at Professional Nails, I opted for red for Christmas early since I’d list had black. I would have done better with orange for keeping with the season. 
I could have gone hunting again and could in November but I’m hurting. I had one hot tub and swim and took Madigan for a long walk. Mostly I don’t like snow and ice. Not just for me personally but there’s heavy wear and tear on trucks and ATV and Camper. I’m looking forward to taking the truck and camper south for a time this Christmas and don’t want to take any unnecessary risks with those plans.  Laura will be flying down to meet me as she has less time off from work. I’m ready to put the guns and gear away though I had hoped for a deer.
Saturday I was able to make my virtual meeting. I pray
 And meditate most mornings but this uplifting meeting took precedence. I’d hoped to attend the evening speaker meeting where my Boston friend was to be speaker but I was off an hour on the time. Ironically I checked in at the end discussion to see Barb who I’d encouraged to join years ago. She mentioned that I’d told her the conference was subsidized. We were glad to see each other and Mary wanted to see my nail color.
I’d been late because I couldn’t find the meeting on the IDAA site and had trouble translating EST to PST. It was at 5. I’d been to Rogina’s Yum Gallery show of her paintings and sculpture, Gods and Monsters. It was an apt title. Thought provoking and disturbing. Dante. But there was no separation so the messag is this is us or we are among them. I’m focusing on the uplifting and inspiring but enjoyed the expulsion of demons and timely at Halloween.
I’d walked Madigan along the autumn trails with yellow and orange leaf decoration. 
This morning I was thankful to finally return to church. A lovely service. Emily had been in Rome the week before meeting the Pope. She was inspired as was the service. Madigan was well behaved. I noted a beautiful woman who’d gain weight in Covid was back to her sexy self as was one of the men. Another fellow I’d last seen looking ill appeared have recovered. The children were growing and happy. I like the aspect of community seeing takes overtime as together we worship and celebrate the divine.
Now I’m home and have the rest of the day to work or play with. I’ve have coffee toast with marmalade and a hard boiled egg. I might have a nap or even a swim. Madigan would like another walk but now is content to chew on a bone.
Thank you Jesus. Thank you God. Thank you higher power.

















No comments: