Sunday, October 22, 2023

Chain Lake

It was all day getting here. I packed last night but this morning slept in some and didn’t get away till 1030 am. So much for the break of Dawn start. I had to pack as much stuff for four days as I would for weeks. 
The Langley bottle neck was worsened by a truck’s load turning over in the ditch. Once we passed that with everyone slowed to look we moved along well to Bottsford.
I stopped at Cabelss. Again great store, great selection but surly staff. Negative vibe.. I asked for a mule deer tag and the guy pointed at a sign saying mule deer tags sold out. Superior attitude. I so like the staff in other game and fish and gun stores.
There’s no 30:06 180 grain ammo, I bought some 12 gauge bb and 8 , ducks and grouse. I’ve the 20 gauge and 12 gauge barrel. 
I get some cookwear and small,propane bottles for the camp stove,
I bought the Garmin mini inreach which works as gps and pairs with the cell phone to send text messages on an iridium plan. 
I wasn’t able to get the iridium plan on line or at Canadian tire or Best Buy. Fortunately Ralf’s was able to set me up on the phone for a satellite iridium 6 month plan. I feel comfortable now in the outback with this. It keeps me in touch with clinics too. Very professional being reachable.
I collected the ATV and trailer at John’s, Chilliwack RV Storage. I was missing a key but found my bolt cutters. It was a challenge to hook it up and see that the Honda 420 Rancher started. I was pleased.
Madigan and I had Macdonald’s burgers outside Cabelas. 
There was a forest fires outside Hope. A couple of helicopters were water bombing it. Lots of smoke. They we were on number 3 headed for Princeton. I had a couple of patients calls to manage.. Glad to be of service. 
At Princeton I filled up with gas. just-inflation, $400 for the truck and ATV and 3 5 gal jugs..
I stopped and the store and bought a couple hundred dollars worth of food missing the refridgerator in the camper.
I bought Madiganand I A&W burghers and onion rings
I’d begun listening to a Johstone Preacher audio book, a movie in your mind,
It was dark.
I’d thought of joining the bustards and May tomorrow. I worry about leaving truck and stuff when o go off alone hunting on the ATV safety in numbers
Queen Elizabeth died.
I saw a notic that the Chinese were attacking US Navy.
I was tired when I pulled into Chain Like. It was pretty full, all the lake spots but I have this place. I put up the North Face thankful for my head lamp, lots of memories of putting tents up in the dark.
It’s pretty skookum. I’ve got a MEC Draco -7 degrees sleeping bag and it’s really cozy. Madigan’s first time in a tent. All very strange for him. He’s finally settled.
I tried to sleep but couldn’t.
Reading western novel then thought to journal.
Thank you God for this wonderful day.


No comments: