Sunday, October 22, 2023

Old Headly Road Camp near Princeton

I’ve a perfect campsite and camp.  I succeeded in setting up the rural Starlink.  I made contact NASA.  I swam in the perfect swimming hole. I actually responded to some calls and was able to forward the solutions thanks to Starlink.  My cell coverage is intermittent and very low. I love it.
Now I’m up at 530 am and wanted a coffee only the propane is gone.  The refridgerator runs on propane to so propane is necessary. I would have been wise to have filled up in Princeton, I had 2 tanks for the week but several nights ran the heater in the wee hours.  I could ride the motorcycle into town with a bottle.  I used to love camping out here with the Honda 250 enduro and doing just that.  I’d leave Laura and Gilbert at the camp and do runs into town for treats.  The road is perfect for riding, winding and picturesque. I loved passing the horses and the deer.  
Now I could just pack up  I’m not that spread out. I could just take the truck into town fill up with propane.  This is a nice spot but it’s fun to explore.  I will be closer to home. The municipal camp ground had a few space. There’s Manning Park.  I could check out Tulameen.  The easiest would be taking the motorcycle though getting it back on the rack could be iffy   More motorcycling would be fun. I don’t want to climb down the cliff to the swimming hole. Getting back up was a struggle.  With the motorcycle I could go to another swimming hole.  But if I have my whole caravan and gear with me I could just set up at another place.  It’s a long weekend so there might be fewer choices but I found this and there were spaces in the RV park and there’s a lot more off grid wilderness sites.  But I’d really like to ride my motorcycle. 
I’ll read a bit and consider.  I could leave Madigan or I could probably take him too.  Challenges. 








No comments: