Friday, February 25, 2011

Blood, Feathers and Holy Men

The book launch for Ben Nuttall-Smith's historical novel, Blood, Feathers and Holy Men is Sunday, March 8, 2011 at Renaissance Books & Expresso Bar 43 6th Street New Westminister.  I was fortunate to get an early copy and am reading his story of 10th Century America right now.  It's a curl up in front of a fireplace with a warm cup of cocoa thriller that I've left at the place where I  often weekend.  The result is I get to savour the book and it stops me reading it all night long in one big gulp.  It's that gripping but there's just so much history and description to go with the fine plot that I'm enjoying following up bits I've read with a bit of reading in the encyclopedia.  Who would have guessed what soaps were available way back then when today there are those who rarely use them still..  Ah well, a great read and the launch should be a lot of fun since Ben is such a remarkable character in person.

No comments: