Thursday, December 7, 2023

Vancouver to Yuma, Adventurer Camper

Burnaby Cariboo RV Park.  Site #79.  My Fifth Wheel Toyhauler went to storage yesterday.  Paul of Yarrow Towing picked it up yesterday after Kelvin from Travco helped me the night before pack it up.  He taught me one has to be impeccable about ensuring nothing was on the floor under the slides.  
It’s been quite overwhelming. I’ve continued to see patients.  
In the midst of this the AI Traders scamming Elon Musk’s name have been phoning me on the hour since I mistakenly gave them my phone number saying I was more interested in learning about AA Quantum Trading. Then I realized it was a scam as they were just selling a kit and marketting a nightmare since I realized I didn’t have time for the nonsense and said I wasn’t interested. It’s like they put my phone number on the Trader Washroom in Quebec as that’s where the most of these bullying harassing calls come from.  Meanwhile I normally only chcck messages left so now much not answer the phone at all or I’ll encourage these telemarketer goons. I loved the Carl Hiandon’s Nature Girl.  The mother in the books sets out to kill telemarketers because their calls interrupt her family supper. It was an hilarious read and now I appreciate it even more.
I was glad to taxi to the Men’s meeting Wednesday night at Burnaby Fellowship,seeing George, Jack, Mario, and others.  George is great.  Asked me to speak to big Al and hopefully I’ll have time
Today I reserved a month at the Good SAM Bonita Mesa RV Park. Laura is flying into Phoenix a week Friday to meet me and was concerned they’d ask a destination at airport customs.  Now we have one. I said I’d be there Monday afternoon. It’s 20 hours of driving so I’m expecting I’ll have to do 7 hours a day . I’m booked with patients Monday afternoon though could cancel. There’s wet road on the coastal route and some icy road on the inland route. I’ll look at road conditions in the morning.  
I’m really looking forward to crossing the border. That’s a hurdle but I hope getting there early tomorrow I’ll miss line ups.  It’s a sunny day with more rain forecast Saturday Sunday. I’ve an app that tells me the conditions along the route.  Maybe the icy road and wet road conditions forecast tonight on the two routes will change.
I found 6 hour driving, 3 in morning and 3 in the afternoon reasonable but more was tiring.  I can’t push myself .  Safety is all. The beauty of the camper though is it’s easy to pull over and have a nap or make a coffee.  Madigan will get his breaks too. The rest stops in the US are really civilized. 
I’m certainly looking forward to departure. A good nights sleep tonight and I’ll leave when I wake up. Just have to put the lines away, no big deal, tidy up lose bits here and head out.  It’s exciting,  
I’m not sure whether I’ll be au femme or au drab. I’ve travelled across borders both ways but it just depends on feeling. I’m going with what seems right and praying of course.  
I’m enjoying now reading B. N .  Randell’s Classic Western Series, having started with #1 Eli looking for his step son twins .  He was a major in the union Calvary in the civil war.

How incredible this journey is shaping up to be.  Thank you Lord. Thank you Jesus. 








No comments: