Friday, December 22, 2023

Rainy day in Arizona and Mexico

“It never rains here, “ said Mara at St. Thomas Dental Centre in Los Algadones,  Laura’s apt for 4 crowns was 830 Arizona time but Mara had phoned to say the dental surgeon would be an hour late due to bad weather.  It was raining like any day in Vancouver BC.  It rained all last night and I’m surprised they don’t have a national emergency.
I’m actually a bit chilled despite my jacket.
I”m at the Poncho Cafe where Mara said I might be able to get some breakfast beyond pastry. She was right. I’ve had a delicious ham sandwich and a blue berry muffin. I’m drinking a delicious cafe con late.  I had my Hay tartan toque in the truck.  I might buy a vest or jacket once I finish my late and hope the washroom is open.  

I took Madigan for a walk in the dark this morning. Laura woke at 4 am and Madigan jumped up on the bed only to told by me to get off.  His infatuation with Laura is adorable.  She massages his ears and plays with him all the time.  I give him discrete periods of petting then get back to reading.  I throw his ball for him a half dozen times then get back to reading. She patiently puts him as number one and he loves it.  

I finished my appointments yesterday so today auntil the first week of January when Laura flies back from Phoenix I’m on holiday.  We’ve been talking about how to get a turkey dinner.  I have a couple of drum sticks.  I’d thought to have take out at a restaurant .  I am enjoying the new Flame television which has such good Prime and Netflix presentation,

Without work I’m going to go into slow brain mode. I can focus on one day at a time, living in the moment. Here I’m listening to the water dripping from the Tera cotta roof tiles into the mosaic decorated rectangular low pool in the centre of the courtyard.  











No comments: