Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Fifth Wheel Ready for Storage

Well, it’s happening.  Amazing.  A miracle.  Kelvin from Travco came by last night and winterized the Fuzion 360 toy hauler.  I wouldn’t have known to winterize the washer drier.  Then he helped me again with the slides and packing up the unit. I’d overturned everything looking for what I might need the next few months.  Expeditioning in my mind, just taking the unit from one Good Sam to another. The place is a total mess but Kelvin helped me with tie downs and confirmed we were ready to go.  “It’s not like you’re planning on towing it over logging roads’.
I took a picture of him fixing a drawer that had escaped on the drive.  The slide at the back had come lose. He fixed a catch on another cupboard too. Last minute adjustments.  I feel a bit like I did heading south in my sailboat. 

Then he helped me load my Harley on the front rack on the truck.  Madigan and I slept in the camper last night after I finished a couple of late night calls thanks to the satellite connection and cell service.  Now I’m up and washed. I had breakfast of instant oatmeal, yoghurt and stove top expresso coffee. I’m thinking of finding a little portable expresso making already missing my big one. I’m so spoiled.  Glamping.  Thinking also of finding a really smart tv to replace the little one in the bed room I’ve rarely used. It worked with DVD and I did watch a few DVD ‘s a couple or years but now with satellite and Apple TV I confess I’d like to upgrade.  First I’ll find it it works without the hassle.  Last night I read a novel .  Reading is better and writing is even better.  I keep telling myself I should be finishing books. I’ve dozens of chapters of three already completed but am so disorganized that I don’t know where to begin.  I need to put the chapters I have together , add some and then edit.  I would rather blog,

Heading out I plan to ‘travel blog’, my favourite past time next to blogging poeople watching and of course talking about God. 

Thank you God for this day. Thank you for all your blessings. Help me be better today than I was yesterday.  I really enjoyed talking to a fellow Christian in Chilliwack telling me about the Main Street church which has developed there today.  Then I saw more religious persecution of Olsen and other evangelists. I naturally try to remember a time when a rabbi, an Imani hindu leader or Buddhist monk was so judged yet the wealth of some of these spiritual leaders has been staggering.  Just more Marxist aetheist attack on God indeed.  The oligarchs that survived the fall of Communist USSR and their cohort in China make even the western billionaires look hat in hand.  Putin didn’t amass wealth as a civil servant. Xi Jin Ping doesn’t eat beans.  Our radical leftest media like CBC always attacks Christianity today.  I rather liked listening to Olsen driving to work. Uplifting message.  When music tanked with negativity and ugliness from the finest days of Here comes the sun and such I began listening to educational tapes or sermons in the car. I’ve always listened to language tapes and occasionally the propaganda news. 

Now I have audio books and love Clancy and Baddaci.  Driving the book must be thrilling and keep me alert as compared to a beach read where I like to nod off every few pages,  Life really is a miracle and a blessing. Thank you Jesus. 

Time to walk Madigan. 









E




No comments: