Saturday, December 31, 2022

New Year’s Eve, 2023 morning

I woke from nightmares back hurting and a lovely little dog jumping on my face.

I prayed. I dressed. I took Madigan outside.  Mild day with blue sky peeking through grey clouds. Walking painful.  All of my right side screaming.  I began giving thanks for the left side and the parts of my body that worked. I gave thanks for mobility. I gave thanks for my hands and feet.  The pain decreased.  I had to stop and breathe through the pain. Exercise improved things. Madigan had a wonderful time running off leash for a bit of the trail.  He had his poop.

I made it back to the hotel and stood in line to order breakfast for Laura and I : 2 cappuccino venti, 2 breakfast croissants, 2 fruit salads, an apple fritter for me and a cinnamon bun for her.  Walking back to the room with Madigan on heal and carrying a tray wouldn’t be so difficult except there’s a corner the dogs have collectively agreed to mark. It’s all I can do to stop Madigan marking the trail.

Laura thought today was Sunday.  I regained the day I thought I’d lost. Today is Saturday.

It’s been a good year.  Covid years were really down. I’m glad I’ve been able to work but now must pay back the loan businesses received.  I’ve the cost for the camper repair.  It seems all my money will be paying back and I’ll just get by.  Maybe there will be savings and yes I’ll ‘balance my budget’ again this year. I’ve been surviving well and managing . So many I know went into debt and had to use their savings to get buy.  Trudeau has demolished the west and the middle class.  

I’m spiritually trying to live in the day and more thinking about focusing on the local. What is true is what I know and can touch now.

This is a marvellous healing holiday. I’m going to read and nap and then make a trip to the hot springs after my food has digested.  

Thank you Jesus, 













No comments: