Monday, January 2, 2023

New Year, Jan 2, 2023

I had to wake Laura to indulge a New Year’s Eve kiss and hug.  We watched the NY City Ball drop and fondly remembered being there.  
New Year’s Eve day I had a wonderful walk around the lagoon watching flocks of Canada geese flying inland. Madigan was a delight, sniffing everything, marking territory and waiting for me as I prayed and gave thanks for another year. There is a bench that faces east and sits by the side of lake. I like to stop there to pray and meditate as long as Madigan’s patience will last.  
On the way back I stopped at Margareta’s Cafe loading up with fried egg breakfast croissants, apple fritters, cinnamon buns, orange juice and cappucino’s.  Laura is suitably pleased when I bring back the morning fare.  After that I lay down and read some more of KellyAnne Conway, a Memoir. What a truly incredible woman!  More than any I believed she won the election for Trump and Pense.  
Once the meal was digested I was in my swimming trunks and down soaking in the adult outdoor pool. Blue sky and clouds. Lots of people.  I was thankful.  Really. Mentally reflecting on grace and all the wonders of the year.  I especially loved going to Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Oxford, London and Paris with Laura.  Then the summer of hanging out. All the while I worked but I’ve begun reducing the load.  I loved that Madigan fetched me the grouse I shot. I loved driving down to Yuma Arizona and enjoying the dry heat.  I had sciatica and the aches are worse.  My back is a bother as the saying goes.  I exercised and continue to. But I’m grateful for the ability to stand tall and walk and swim.  Coming back in December was a glorious drive along the Oregon coast.  
Now here I am at Harrison Hot Springs and I had the best therapeutic massage from Simone in the Harrison Hot Springs Spa.  
We’ve watched four movies the historical one of the Amazon women in the slave trade era interesting indeed.  Banshees of Insherin was incredible thought provoking,  a psychological drama of the 1920’s. Tar, with Cate Blanchett was another deep psychological movie.  The only ‘regular’ movie we watched was a delightful feel good comedy called “Ticket to Paradise” with Julia Robert’s and George Cloony.  Otherwise we enjoyed re runs of the series Blue Bloods.  I’d go down to the bar restaurant and get meals to take out. Burgers, pizzas, fish and chips, salads. Madigan loved his plain burger patty and we all enjoyed eating and watching tv. The view of the lake from the windows was the best.
I loved that the nephews and great nephews had a wonderful holiday. Lovely to see the pictures of the little guys growing. Also liked seeing the new dog in the family. They celebrated New Years hours before us.  
Laura and I walked Madigan in the evening a couple of nights and I made sure to get him three good walks a day. We checked out of shops briefly. Laura bought me a Harrison Hot Spring hoodie which I really enjoyed.
A great way to start a new year.  Harbinger of good things to come.  
I’m very thankful for the Resort and Harrison Lake, We’ve enjoyed many visits over the years. The whole experience is refreshing.  
Thank you God for this New Year. Thank you Jesus.  Hallelujah!!!



















No comments: