Saturday, January 28, 2023

Coastal Ford and Starbucks, sitting outside with Madigan Jan .28, 2023

I am so pleased to be sitting outside in winter writing in my journal.  Journaling or blogging is one of my joys outdoors , coupled with coffee and people watching, along with my dog who likes this almost as much as I do.
Coastal Ford is my favourite dealer and service department. I actually bought my Ford F350 over the competitors because the Coastal Ford Service Department has been so excellent.  I’ve been buying vehicles from Coastal Ford now for a couple of decades and having my service done there.  
Now I’m just waiting for them to reseat my spare tire . I ‘d had the great incident hunting last fall where I got a flat and was on the side of the road working with the manual to get the spare off only to have a group of veritable angels from Langley stop, take over and complete the changing of the tire. I was so grateful and so impressed.  What would have taken me all afternoon to do if I could have solved a couple of problems (the tire stuck on the wheel and the guys knew to kick the shit out of it to free it up - I doubt I’d have known to do that or had as powerful a kick) .  So in probably less than an hour the group of them did the best Good Samaritan and the old guy continued on his way.  
A gorgeous woman walked by and smiled at me. She was young and so sexy in a mini skirt dress with talk black biker boots.  If I was younger I wouldn’t have had the smile.  Indeed it might well have been my gorgeous wing man dog, Madigan that elicited the smile.  But really, I’m glad I’m outside just to see that.  I’m near Simon Fraser so expect she’s one of the students or teachers. That’s how my mind works.  People walk by who are distinctive and I’ve got them as a character in a novel. I really need to get on to writing novels. That’s my goal
I just read Apollo Murders by Colonel Hatfield and almost gave up writing all together.  I could go back to journalism I suppose or poetry but the thoughts of a novel was stymied by the Ennius of Apollo Murders.  It was so good. I simply can’t imagine how I’ll ever write a novel.  Now I’ve had poetry books and a work related book but a novel. That’s the goal. I love the Tannis Laidlaw, English Mysteries. She used to make up plays for the neighbourhood kids. After a career of psychology and psychiatry in New Zealand she’s writing these fabulous mystery novels. Laura’s reading them.
I’m good at journaling.  I’ve learned the skill of free association of thought to written word. I didn’t know how to do that when I was a teen , not very well anyway. Now i’ts second nature.
But the crafting of a plot and development of characters and placing them in a contex.  That’s all a challenge for me.
Another distraction.  Another beautiful girl went into Starbucks. This one had thigh high white boots but what was so special was the beautiful blue, pink and cream jacket dress made of the material kimonos are made of. She had a faux fur jacket long black hair and the mysterious almost Egyptian features. Likely Iranian in this neighbourhood. We are truly blessed in Vancouver with the most beautiful of Iranian women which makes the troubles in that country so beautiful.  The young women are being shot in the streets, killed by the police for uncovering their faces.  So sad, the cowardice of the barbaric regime.  
I just responded to a FB meme in which a person compared the non threat of Drag Queen shows to the risk of being shot by a Christian.  I get weary of the LGBT left wing community with it’s ignorance of history. I posted that I hadn’t heard of any drag queen shows in Muslim countries or for that matter in aetheist Communist vcountries.  The Catholic Church celebrated women and family. The Muslims celebrate family.  Aetheists , communism is the religion of aetheism, is against family.  Marx and Engles saw the family as the greatest threat to their totalitarian state.
Meanwhile I’m only seeing the drag queen shows and the conflict as further evidence of the erosion of the parent versus the state. I remember my own family disheartened that for us to get an education we had to get the inferior propaganda serviced up as flavor of the month when I was a child and Cold War was on.  So here I am happy as an adult to werear a dress in public but feeling Parents Rights outweighs states rights in this regard.  I don’t have children.  
The Christian take home message is government and religion killed God or the perfect humble man.  What ever you think , the state falsely accused and persecuted and crucified a nice guy.  God’s son.  Sure but the message is ‘beware’ of the rulers of this world.
Meanwhile Trudeau is stealing billions and running all manner of propaganda lies.  Distractions with racism while his father was the one who hurt the aboriginals.  

Oh well above my pay grade.
It’s a glorious clear sky sunny day and I can sit outside and type with bare hands and happy dog who just visitted with a young woman who gave him an excuse to draw back and bark with wagging tail. He’s such a fool.  So brave and so skitterish.  I can’t wait till he gets groomed and then another thing is back on track. I’ve had a series of events occur since the water line froze and they’re slowly being resolved.  I know it’s progress but slow going.
I coined the term ‘kedging’ last year for this time of the year, likening the slow progress of Jan and Feb with all he bad weather and financial demands to trying to get my boat off a shoal stuck by falling tide.  I’m spiritually depleted at this time of the year.  Yet days like this alleviate. Another beautiful girl in high boots , red head with knee high kind. You
Meanwhile I’m wearing canoe shoes and long to go camping .  Any day I’ll learn my camper is ready.  Laura reminded me of the good times we have had in spring with the camper and I’m beginning to consider where best to go. I know the river camping spots but I so liked the lake places. Spring though I’m not swimming so it will be easy to find a place by a river. Our Similkameen camp spots by Princeton have always been so peaceful

I’m going to return and see if my truck is ready. What a wonderful break.

Thank you Jesus!







No comments: