Sunday, January 22, 2023

Toilet

“It’s all okay now. I ‘ve got the valve in and there’s no leakage.  I’m just running water through now but we’re on the upside. You’ll be able to use it tonight.” Kelvin said.

I’m imagining sitting on the throne with a crown and candlelight, fireworks going off, my toilet restored to fully functional after a month of not working.

I remembered Dr. Ross, the greatest surgeon I worked and trained with. I asked him why he chose anal and bowel surgery as his specialty. “Well you know Bill, I tried heart and Neuro surgery and did everything at first but after a while I saw that the people who I gave the most satisfaction to were those who couldn’t go.  They were happiest when I restored their bowel function. I’ve got patients who I treated 20 years ago still sending my Christmas cards. It’s not like that for the heart and lung or even the brain surgeons. 

He was a kind and caring man.

I told my lady plumber that too and she laughed and said ‘that’s true’.  A lot of thanks and praise.  

I’m thankful today and so looking forward to the end in sight.

No comments: