Saturday, January 28, 2023

Gratitude and sunshine

I slept in till 830 am and realized I was tired. I’ve begun staying up till 12 or later reading.  I usually go to bed around 10 to 11 and asleep by 11 to 12 so my ‘need’ is probably 7-8 hours and I’ve been getting 6-7.  Sleep apnea may be kicking in.  Heats been going on and off.  It’s been winter blues for sure.
Yet here to day I’m so rested and thankful.  My toilet is fixed thanks to Kelvin at Travco and I even paid the bill though I’m on overdraft till this week’s cheque.  Catching up from being off at Christmas and all the horrendous dues and demands that always come in January and February.  I remember thinking that government was trying to kill us with all their demands in the worst time of the year. Every year I seem to be on an even keel again in February or March. I always think of the joy I had taking my Buell out to drive in the country first with Laura following March 1.  My birthday in March is almost always fine weather here.  
When I lived down town the crocus and daffodils were coming out end of January and Feb but here in Burnaby we’re a few weeks behind. The bird migrations are beginning.  I usually take my big camera on walks these days.
I let Madigan out to pee and made us egg thingies with the little machine Laura got me for coffee.  I turned on the coffee machine with the fireplace on and blew the circuit. The eggs went off off so not sure of the time I took them off a bit early because they were a bit runny but on the toast delicious.  Madigan cleaned the plate. I ‘d added some cheese wiz and cream to the bowl.  Likes eggs benny but better.  Egg prices have gone up but suddenly here I am enjoying them again.  I even boiled some last week to have boiled egg for breakfast.
I phoned George this morning to discuss a member who has cancer.  He was just making toast and peanut butter.  At that point I’d just had coffee so with the inspiration go up to make breakfast.  I later talked to Jackie about An and she’s get back to me after she talks to him. She said she was just looking at a picture of him cutting their thanksgiving turkey. Jackie remembered having 15 person thanksgiving dinners with newcomers and sure enough I was fondly reminded of being invited for dinner in Chilliwack when I was a new comer and felt loved.  
Laura texted me she ‘d been walking dog at her sisters. They’re off to visit their daughter in Victoria.  I wouldn’t mind going back to Victoria for a weekend.  I love the Empress and harbour.  I miss my sailboat at times like this.
Laura told me that the Vancouver motorcycle show this weekend.  I’m tempted to go. 
I’ve had a shower and actually put on my long sleeved Sturges Black Hills shirt.  My harley is still in storage at Trev Deelys.  I’d wanted at least to get out on my Vespa today with the sunshine and good weather.  I can put madigan on the back but will have to find his jacket or sweater.
I’ve also a plan to reestablish the Starlink as I’ve lost the password I used to set up the “help’ . Once I have that I could get my printer and old security camera up.  I have the Blink working and don’t really need the old one. There was some issue with the 2.6 g and 5 g networks. I don’t understand but have avoided doing it as I’ve got a system and it’s working for work and home.  If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.  A good excuse to procrastinate.
The difficulty with walking and going to the motorcycle show is that after a block my low back aches. It’s so much better since the last chiropractic visit. I’m no longer having continuous knifing pain just aches and sore and fatigue when I do to much.  I continue to exercise and yesterday even have a minor fast. I believe if I had more time I’d exercise more and do more self care. 
Mostly I like lying on the couch sharing dinner with Madigan and watching old TV. I’ve been going through episodes of NCIS and Hawai 50.  I only saw a few when they came out so now I can watch the series on paramount and prime.  I just skip ones I’ve seen.
I’ve just finished Apollo Murders by Chris Hatfield.  What a great book. That’s what keep me up at night. Suspense intrigue and all with the backdrop of NASA.  I sent a copy to Graeme as he’s so involved with astronomy and physics.  I sent Adell a copy of the Good Life, the Harvard longitudinal study that Vaillant had been last lead researcher on.
Says to pay attention to relationships so I’m trying. I realized that Covid had me really isolated and anxious with the constant fear mongering and disinformation.  
I’ve just been texting with Laura about the camper and camping. Can’t wait to be out in the woods again.  I expect that when I’m out of town I don’t think about the storage locker.  

I just remembered I have to take the truck to Ford to have the spare tire re seated.  I want a coffee and then I’ll get on the move. I’d wanted to do storage locker trips but now I’m not necessarily going to VGH and will phone after I hear from Jackie.  

I’m really blessed and God is good all of the time. 
Thank you Jesus. Tomorrow I do hope to make it to church.

I’ve my Sturges Sweatshirt on if I don’t think I’ll make it to the Vancouver boat show because traffics bad and my back doen’t like walking and standing much yet.  

Thank you God for all your blessings. Help my patients and watch over my friends and family.  Help Antonio now. Watch over Steve.  Thanks for George and his family and cats.  Thanks for all the friends I’ve known and know.

Hallelujah!!!







No comments: