Sunday, January 8, 2023

Sloth

Sloth has me today.   I just seem to rotate back and forth through the 7 venal sins or ‘deadly sins’.  They are outward expressions of character defects

Pride
Greed
Lust 
Envy
Gluttony
Wrath
Sloth

Younger I was more likely to have wrath. Now sloth is subsuming Lust and Wrath.  Not drinking I’ve left liquid gluttony and focussed on ice cream and potato chips.  I suspect pride is always at play in the one upmanship or one downmanship way. Younger I was quick to ‘brag’ but today I’m more into the ‘victim pride’.  Poor me.  My back hurts. I’m so tired.  Nobody loves me I’m going to eat worms. That’s always coupled with envy.  Why don’t  I have an in-house nanny or two, a private jet, security guards and live in hair stylist , masseuse, chef, dishwasher, cleaning firm, dog walker,  Really, why do politicians and CEO’s have these things and I have to wipe my own ass.  That’s envy. If I had a daily physioherapist and coach maybe I’d look like Brad Pitt.  It’s not my fault I’m fat and out of shape.  It’s  the fault of sloth.  And pride with respect to my entitlement.  

Some people anthropomorphize the sins.  Satan made me do it.  Barley corn made me drink.  Mr. Gluttony forced me to eat the whole Hagen Daz container,

I blame a lot on my dog. He’s a bad influence,

So today it’s sloth.  Not proud of it.  I binge watched 6 hours of Net Flix, Last Ship series last night.  

I did like a Twitter comment I read. It said that people used to slow down in winter and just survive it.  But then overnight someone expected us to work and be productive at summer levels in the middle of winter,  I miss the Medieval times where we hunkered together for warmth and made babies in winter.  Sailors made nets.  

I’m making hay.

I enjoyed talking to a friend who said they’d skipped Christmas dinner because there were too many family there .  I’m isolating and avoiding more now. I’d let the laundry pile up till I caught up yesterday.  I hurt my hand and the wound got infected and swollen so I m on antibiotics. I catastrophized for 2 days that I’d lose my hand.  Gangrene or have to go to hospital for IV ..  The swellling is down today and it’s pretty much healed. I could go swimming but I don’t know,

I’m procrastinating.  I have a storage locker I have to sort and get rid of a half ton of stuff.  I just don’t want to be alone in the storage locker . I start to unload and get distracted and then nothing gets done. I need a supervisor to get me to empty my storage locker. I am not going to have a  30 inch waste anytime soon. Get rid of a small store wardrobe of clothing from 20 years ago.  

I’m praying. I sat cross legged and meditated today.  That was good. I walked the dog .  But it’s pouring outside and I don’t want to replace the water line. My first one froze, So I put another one in after I heat taped it. But I got a hose with the garden hose taste.  Now my new actually factory made heated hose has arrived. I just have to do this little chore and this box would be out of my living room. But no I’m going to lie down and read more of the shit show of Washington.  Kelly Anne Conway’s Memoir is an eye opener.  Trump had a 4 star general as his manager but he’s portrayed by media as a nut job. Pence was amazing.  I am so appalled at the media fiction and false news.  

Laura reminded me a new episode of Yellowstone is out. The fact that Ottawa and Washington are more twisted than the TV series is amazing,  Epstein’s ‘list’ is still protected by the FBI making one wonder how many of their leaders are Pedophiles,  Same with Biden lap top, covering up pedophilia.  With Hunter Biden it’s probably bestiality. My friend insists that it’s just dick pictures and they don’t want it to get out because it shows how common microphalus is in politics.   Mel Gibson said Hollywood was rife with pedophilia and not too many years back it turned out chefs were featuring intimate cannabalistic meals for the elite. 

I’m boring.  I wear underwear and a tshirt around half the day.  I’m feeling guilty because I haven’t had a shower today.   I showered yesterday.  I had my hair done at Chatterers by Shirin and really I should have had a gala to go to after, Then I broke a nail today.  Meanwhile my other friend is dancing every weekend and I keep meaning to get out and join her, But then I don’t want to leave Madigan alone and he just wants to walk, I used to enjoy walking the river but the drug addict homeless young people with pit bulls threatened me and now I cowardly rarely go along the river walk even in the daytime. I figure in Canada if I defend myself the police will arrest me as the aggressor.  Everyone else has a ‘card’ and ‘pass’ but guys threaten me and I’m accused of ‘upsetting them.’  The Clinics have to put up signs don’t attack the staff.  My friend says the kids are all so spoiled they don’t know not to bite the hand that feeds them.  .

Trudeau is taking guns from licensed law abiding citizens while the criminals I know all have arms and don’t buy licenses and are protected by government. More and more gang violence, I ‘m old and don’t want to go outside . Inside I can avoid danger except the couch and refridgerator.  Even driving I really wonder if I want to take the risk of being among Vancouver drivers, so many of who bought their licenses,  They can’t drive in snow or rain.  

None of this is anything more than the devious voice of sloth.  Sloth and Gluttony are ganging up on me. Watch TV, look at FB,  and while you’re doing that make some popcorn and have a chocolate bar,  

Sloth

Please God help me over come my character defects.  Help me be a better person this year than I was last,  

Obviously if I was ‘smart’ I’d make a really pretty convenient lock for the refridgerator that had a timer on it. We used to let the chronic patients smoke on the hour. I need to patent a spike couch where the spikes come up on a timer so I don’t lie around any more than a half hour or so.  Listening to other people I’m actually a saint compare to some. 
Sloth and gluttony are fairly common in a consumer pleasure based society.   The really overt obesity I see around is worse than mine and they get a pass because any comment is ‘fat shaming’. Meanwhile I ‘fat shame ‘ me. People  tell me the lie in bed all day.  I slept in a couple of hours today and skipped church, feeling guilty for both. 
I think the geneticists should stop looping for DNA of Neanderthals and Denisovans  and look for bear DNA .  I ‘m probably 1/4 grizzly. I just want to hibernate.  Wake me when the sun comes back.  

My hair stylist Shirin made me look good.


His hair stylist quit because he was too upset leaving him half done
White geese on ride home from Harrison last week. 


No comments: