Saturday, January 28, 2023

Coastal Ford

I love FORD.  They changed my tires after I had a blow out in the fall and a group of Angel Samaritans from Langara helped me change the tire.  I’ve changed a few tires in my day but I’m getting old and I loved these young people helping out.
Coastal Ford didn’t get the spare back under my truck so I dropped by today for that event.  I had a chance to walk about and see some of the new line up. The Broncho and Broncho Sport are incredibly skookum.  The Broncho Sport is like the Broncho II I had 30 years ago. That was one of the greatest vehicles I ever had. I took it off-road in the mountains, everywhere and it just powered through.  I was using it for hunting but also needed it for commuting to work and parking underground. While the Broncho Sport is that vehicle and then some. The Broncho was the all time favourite hunting vehicle for decades so everyone is happy Ford has brought it back.  Great family vehicle, great for camping but also can go anywhere.
There was a Shelby there and that is one skookum vehicle.  What a beauty.  I loved the Mustang they had. I had a Mustang and drove that from Winnipeg to Banff for skiing and trips down to San Francisco to visit friends. A great city car that just loved the open road.  The Focus and Escape were there and I’ve rented these and sure enjoyed them.  I saw a Ranger in the parking lot and I loved my ranger.  A light truck for the city but it did everything I could want for camping.  So many off-road fishing trips with the Ranger. 
I liked they even had a tent attachment for the 4x4 car reminding me of the days I was tenting with my Ford’s before I moved to the Camper. I had an diesel F350 and camper set up and used it to haul my RV’s. That’s what I have today. The Ford F350 truck.  We call it the Cowboy Cadillac.

I love FORD.  I thought of getting a competitors’s truck when I bought the latest one a few years ago. I didn’t because the Coastal Ford Service Department has always been the best.  I’m taking my vehicles off grid and don’t want shoddy workmanship to add to the difficult terrains hundreds of miles from help that I drive in.  So Coastal Ford was where I bought my truck.  It’s competitor made a good machine but I didn’t know about the service department.  Service and warranty are critical.  Coastal Ford has been really good for a couple of decades now.  I’m very thankful.  















The spare wheel being put back up under my truck.



No comments: