Friday, December 23, 2022

Saturday, 2 days before Christmas. Winter

I’m up.  I had a really good sleep dreaming of the river confluence and fishing.  Madigan beside me. Warm. Grateful for the heat. Memories of struggles past winters staying warm, unfreezing water lines.   Today I’ll make a go at the waterline again, praying the heat tape has unfrozen it. 
I hear people saying they don’t have the Christmas feeling. I know what they mean but it’s more a presence to me.  I feel further away from Jesus. Yet so often this time of the year I become more aware.
Love God and Love your neighbour as yourself.  I imagine I’ll get water here today.  I had a trickle yesterday when I connected another hose.. I can bypass but it’d work. I do believe the pump is sound too.
I’m obsessed with comfort.
I’m alone here. 




No comments: