Saturday, March 23, 2013

Whitecliff Marine Park


I did some of my scuba diving training here at Whitecliff Marine Park. I remember most the night dive, being startled by the friendly alien seal while looking at the wonder of the phosphorescent shrimp on the sea floor. It was here too that I had to mark and swim a search grid during the day.
I've had a hankering to dive here again. I've had my BCG serviced and heard I can pick it up tomorrow. I'll do a swimming pool dive to check out my dry suit, weights, buoyancy and the serviced Octopus BCG. After that I'm hoping to get out for a dive at Whitecliff.
It's a beautiful spot. Gilbert and I drove up on the Honda CRF 250 motorcycle. I've only put 332 km on it since I bought it. He enjoyed the walk through the park to the beach but was a little miffed that no dogs were allowed down there. Otherwise it was a fine destination for a sunny March Saturday in West Vancouver.
















No comments: