Sunday, March 10, 2024

Daylight savings

I went to bed last night after a movie and an episode of NCIS.  Jethro was working on his boat in his basement. I remembered dad making a boat in the garage.  I’m trying to sell my boat since age and back pain and weakness since my fall in Scotland have discouraged me from hopes of sailing with my brother or taking the inside passage to the Caribbean in preparation for an Atlantic crossing to the Mediterranean.  It’s hard to believe Ron passed so many, so few years ago.  My friends George and John died . Then Vivian in Covid. I bought sage to smudge this place after it’s time in storage. That brought back thoughts of her.  The world’s a lonelier place.  I’ve actually enjoyed my camper truck motorcycle land yacht and am even considering this beast as a nomad’s castle.  I’ve plans of visiting Hay Bay this summer.  I haven’t seen the nephews or the great nephews.  I feel so alien in contrast to their normalcy.  Adell is in pickleball tournaments and Alen and Megan are saving for a house.

I’ve signed up for a new course and now wonder about the timing.  It’s feast or famine in my life with too little or too much work.  I was beat up this weeks with one physically threatening patient and another beaurocratically threatening. Both were a product of their disease so I felt sadness for their sickness and understood that their anger with the authorities who had failed them was now directed at me the front line worker they had contact with.  Their calls are not being answered by government services and they’re been refused and cut off.  Drugs and alcohol, isolation and alienation but I’m afraid because I’ve been hit several times in the past.  These were virtual but the psychic stress of verbal abuse and biting the hand that feeds and false allegations and deceit all still come through the screen.  I was exhausted this weekend. I’ve others phoning and wanting to speak but I was emotionally raw and felt that all I could do is recoup for another week in the trenches.  I’ve also several ‘yes,but’ terribly soul sucking negative people believing in their marijuana which no longer is working like alcohol fails and now they blame me and the antidepressants for their problem.  I wouldn’t mind so much but I’ve talked with the back benchers and administrative set and they’re so far removed from reality they may as well be on the space station.  They don’t even register that our clinics now have to post signs don’t hurt the staff. Everyone is lying about the post covid mass illegal immigrations and the devastation rapid inflation by corrupt government has had on those with fixed pensions or disability.

I’m actually blessed. My dog is well. We walk several times a day even in the rain. I had him at the off leash dog park a couple of times this weekend and I even swam doing laps and getting much needed exercise.

Now I’m planning on church. I’d thought about church last night but felt with the time change confusion it would be okay if I didn’t make it .  It was Burnaby round up yesterday. I had tickets and wanted at least to go for the evening program. Yet driving at night was discouraging so Me and Ed’s lasagna and a movie instead.  

Now I really should get up and get dressed.   
 
Gratitude. Thank you for the electric blanket. Thank you for the electric heater fireplace. Thank you for the propane heater. Thank you for the warm. Thank you for Madigan. Thank for Jesus. Thank you for running water. Thank you for my health. Thank you for my mobility. Thank you for my car and truck and motorcycle . Thank you for my home and work.  Thank you for today. Thank you for incense and smell. Thank you for feeling. Thank you for sobriety. Thank you dance. Thank you for theatre.  Thank you for music.  Help me to find the time and resource to attend the symphony. I’d hoped to this weekend but maybe next.  Thank you for stories.  Thank you for plane flight. Thank you for milk and coffee. Thank you for yogurt and gummy vitamins. Thank you for thought and reflection. Thank you for reading.  

Thank you God. Thank you Jesus. Thank you Holy Spirit. 



No comments: