Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Christianity

I can sense the presence of a higher power. I know I didn’t create this world I wake to.  This morning I am in an elaborate set and ongoing story. If I created this then it’s higher power within me, like the French philosopher’s Overself.  The very idea of a creator whether within or transcendent isn’t an issue. I don’t feel alone. I am here with my dog but there’s also a sense of something more with awareness as I have awareness.

I have a story of the Bible that I wake each day with.  Jesus Christ.  Son of God.  I have this idea that God, the creator, gave his son to the world.  I imagine a factory owner sending family in to check out the project. I have no trouble with that.

Even the virgin birth doesn’t cause me concern.  Miracles abound even though much later we may retrospectively ‘explain’ them with science as yet unknown, a miracle in its self.  The world is unfolding like a story.  So I believe the Bible thus far.  

I’m not sure of St. Paul.  He carries some blood sacrifice ideas and seems to have Jesus as a fatted calf.  I don’t follow that. There was the Old Testament story of the rejection of child murder for God so the ‘explanation’ that God would ‘sacrifice’ his son.  I don’t know.  I have no difficulty with Jesus as Rainbow. His death is like a cosmic event following the flood. I see the symbolic significance.  Perhaps that’s the death of children event. Jesus loved little ones.  

I don’t like that there are no dogs and cats in the story.

I have no difficulty that man, the government and church and foolish men in groups, would crucify the emissary of God.  I had a vision of the solar system having a beware sign for teens joy riding space mobiles. “Don’t go there they kill God.”

So I believe that the message is that we need to be less murderous yet still the world revolves around killing and weaponry rather than healing and growing.  Governments waste all resources to build more guns and ammunitions.  Barbarians.  I like the Tibetan monks and the Christian monks and Merton and St. Francis. All these people are ‘peaceful’ .  I believe that’s the message of Jesus, love and peace.

C.S. Lewis’s describes well the message of ‘love’.  The Trinity is that two, Father , son and Holy Spirit as opposed to just ‘one’ god, the personhoods of god and the family of god and love.  It’s definitely more together .

Today I strive to serve God. I am a cog in the wheel, diagnosing and providing medications for the various concerns, a modern day shaman.  Collectively we are more successful than ever before with more people living longer and the number who encounter starvation still a mere fraction of what it used to be.  There is such reason for hope despite the rhetoric.  The ‘Cold War’ did not lead to mutual annihilation.  The world ending prophecized by the climate change cult hasn’t occurred despite claims for decades and decades.  

We’re muddling along and more are gaining enlightenment with meditation and prayer. I meditate and I pray to know Gods will for me and have the power to carry that out. Now I’ll walk the dog.

The Zoroastrian’s had dogs.  The dog is the oldest companion of man.  But I like the donkey. I wish I could have a donkey like Jesus did. My dog would like the donkey companion but we have a motorcycle.  AI doesn’t have ‘presence’ .  Everything is God. We are in God and all is God.  It’s just easier to know God in the living flowers rather than the rock.  God is present in all.  The friend God is Jesus. Jesus Christ mans God within and God will come again. I seem to be play hide and seek with Jesus and also ping pong with love and fear.  This too will pass.  Life and death.  The contrasts create the meaning.  

Magnolias at Anil’s 
He told me how he planted them some 15 years ago.
What wonder!


Cherry blossom streets in Vancouver.
 

No comments: