Sunday, March 17, 2024

St. Barnabus Church

It was a close call whether I’d get to church this morning.  I slept in. After the first coffee I’d thought I’d have to get dressed in a hurry.  I did. Madigan needed a walk anyway. Once dressed all is possible. 
I actually was amazed as we arrived almost on time the service just beginning. It was March 17 St. Patrick’s day. I had my green flannel shirt and my Irish rag vest I’d bought in Dublin. 
Priest Emily gave a wonderful sermon on rebirth and resurrection in the preparation for Lent. With the help of a child from the congregation she showed how what appeared dead in nature, seeds, came to life in Spring. I enjoyed seeing the daffodils near my place were in bloom.  Madigan was glad to see his friend Fritz.  Bill was there and Patty kept the singing alive.  We are blessed with accomplished pianists.  
I enjoyed the coffee after church.  I talked with June again whose conversation and wisdom I’ve so enjoyed.  I met Jill and talked with Margaret who is such an amusing raconteur. It was good to see Bill. He was in spring clothes and not dressed for official capacity. I liked the coffee. So often I have enjoyed the coffee meeting after the meeting. People are so interesting and those in our church so diverse and amazing.  Lovely people.  





No comments: