Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Thank you God for this sunny day

Thank you God for this sunny day. I so enjoyed walking Madigan along the river taking pictures of spring ducks. I even saw the kingfisher. That’s my blue bird of happiness. I feel blessed when they return in the spring and I’m lucky to see the male flitting along the river. Today I saw the male and female.  Definitely an ornithologist treat. I saw the great blue heron too.  Mallards and wood ducks.  Spring has arrived. The daffodils are in full bloom

I thank God for Madigan when I wake and when I go to sleep. He’s such an irritating little rascal at times, a canine Dennis the menace, demanding attention but then being such an inspiration for walking and exercise.  He does love to share my barbecue steak dinner’s like last night.  I argue that he gives me reason to live because I know no one else would be as kind and understanding of his foibles.  I like his little games.  Today when I sat on the floor to meditate he waiting till I was getting up to do circles about me a little ritual he’s improvised sometime back and continues now despite our being away a month and a half.

I continue to look at the Mini Countryman’s .  With my traumatic arthritis my neck is hurting more getting into my Mini Cooper I love so I imagine a larger size with less pretzelling to sit down.  The fact is the Mini is fine and I do enjoy it.  

I’m looking forward to the cleaning ladies coming. I’m truly blessed with such fine service and the sheer joy of cleanliness and order once or twice a month. By contrast Madigan and I are slobs, mostly him. 

Thank you Lord Jesus. Thank you God. thank you Holy Spirit.

I don’t know why I wake each day. I believe to be of service to you and to find joy in life. I work and make money which goes to the life I increasingly enjoy and to taxes I pay. I’m looking forward to the completion of this season given the travel and disruption of records. It’s been hard to manage records so I’m thankful that I was able.

I’ve loved the blue sky and greenery so thankful for nature. I’m looking forward to riding my motorcycle again. I’d like to get to the symphony and the round up is coming. I’m so enjoying my meetings and the friends and people.  Soon I’ll even consider taking the camper out for some time by the lake. Maybe I’ll get out on the quad.  It’s bear season but I don’t care so much for bear meat and haven’t had the inclination to shoot each time the opportunity has arose in recent years.  I’ve managed grouse and do hope for venison and even elk or moose but that’s fall.  These thoughts come through my mind at times welling up from the past.

But always Im asking what it is I am to do to be closer to God and to be of service. I’m looking forward to the course I’ve signed up for in anthropology of religion.  I deal with cheministry and neuroplasticity at work but was attracted to psychiatry by the wisdom of Freud and especially Jung.  In London at the British Museum I wa most impressed and excited by the presentation of advances in understanding of prehistory. I loved seeing the fertility gods in Athens and would know more of the other world.  The Psychiatrist was called the priest of science.  I prescribe meds but wonder at the ideas of psychosomatic and addiction and neural pathways.  Addiction is a religion itself with the substance being akin to God. I loved that C.S. Lewis said, don’t look for God in the wall.

I am grateful for this space and the heat in this room, the electric fireplace, the expresso maker, refridgerator for milk, the honey.  

I am looking forward to the Baltimore conference this year .  Indeed the year is unfolding well but I would like to sell my boat or at least manage it. I’ve a desire to travel east but could just as soon fly than take a 5000 km drive each way.  I’d bring back a boat and enjoy that again but really I could rent a sailboat for a weekend or more to get that itch addressed. I want to to go to Victoria and see Buchart Gardens again. I so loved walking through it with my parents. The Vernon Tulip Festival is the next motorcycle adventure. It’s almost like there’s too little time and yet I enjoy the work though it’s tough on the mind, leaving me drained at the end of the day and sometimes frightened.  

I’ve enjoyed audiobooks and am listening with pleasure to Daniel Silva’s amazing The Cellist book.  I actually renewed membership in professional organizations today so am continuing to manage my calendar.  So many moving parts.  

The trip to the chiropracter helped though I still need my ibuprofen.  Dr. Ready reduced the pain with his manipulation though I know it really need to do more exercise.  I would sign up for tai chi again but am focussed on motorcycling and my upcoming course. I’d truly like to hear the symphony. Each of these rituals awakens me in spring. I call the Tulip Festival, LSD for the eyes.  The symphony never fails to open my soul. I long to live to the fullest in gratitude to God , thankful for the joy and moments of solace. 

I really must get a new couch. I’ve put it off first because of the cat and then because madigan as a puppy liked to scratch too.  I’d thought to get a cat too but the deterioration of the couch makes delaying getting a new one a poor decision. Even the stuffing is coming out.  I also think Madigan may be trustworthy with a new one though he’s often the reason why I can’t have ‘nice things’.  I’d rather have him than sterility and I did enjoy have cats too.  When I miss houses it’s the gardens and plants and animals that come to mind. I’d so love to have chickens again but then I’m lightening up and I really would like to tackle the excess in the storage locker.  

Thank you Jesus . Thank you God .  Thank you Holy Spirit!!!!!

















No comments: