Sunday, January 28, 2024

Yuma - leaving

I’ve been out of sorts a few days.I’ve been homesick, missing Laura. I got a call from Bonita Mesa at the worst time. I was driving my truck to an apt at Bill Alexander and couldn’t find the dealership my address a number off. I’d phoned them and was hoping they’d phone me. I don’t normally answer the phone driving but I did.
What sounded like a young girl said,
“This is Bonita Mesa RV, you have to move your truck. “
“I’m driving my truck right now” I said,
“You have to move your motorcycle then”
“I can do that but I’m going to an appointment and I won’t be back for a couple of hours.”
“You have to move your camper too”
Now I was upset, I’d been there 2 months and it’s not a little deal to unload and load a camper and stow and I stow gear. I had paid for another two week.’
Then the manager came on. Deep mail voice.
“We’re having 20 new units coming in and you’re in the wrong place taking up one and a half units. You should n’t be parked there.”
Your staff put me int this place,”
“Do you know which staff”.
I should have pulled over.  I don’t know who their staff are.  Was he suggesting I was lying.  
“Excuse me I’m unable to move my unit.  It sounds like you’ve made a mistake.  If I’m going to pack up and load up to move a space then I’m going to leave Bonita Mesa and go elsewhere.  Whether I move a foot or a mile is all the same with a camper loading and stowing.  
“You’re right we made a mistake.,When would you be able to move,”
I normally move on Friday since I’m busy the rest of the week.  
“Okay we can work with that We can work this out after the weekend,’. 

With that he was gone. I’d been falsely acused and ambushed and never received an apology just orders and accusations,
I had missed the Bill Alexander Ford Dearlers ship and was late for the appointment. They were great.  The inspection, lube and such, fluid flush and change was going to take a couple of hours and they recommended a great sandwich restaurant where I sat outside with Madigan and ate a Reuben.

I actually fume,

After the terrific experience with the really helpful Bill Alexander folk I headed back to Bonita. Mesa.  I could not see the problem. I was partied in 115 and I was connected to the 115 outlet .  The fellow in the camp who’s there for weekend stuff came by and told me they wanted me to move a car width sideways.  They were planning on parking a vehicle in my space beside my truck because I was parking my truck in front of the camper and if I moved a space over they could pack in a trailer with the extra vehicle in my space.

I called Laura.  I’d packed up and now only had to load the Motorcycle to leave.  
“I think they’ve overbooked.  Greedy people,  So sad.  I liked it there.’
‘I did too but it’s like there’s a cloud over the experience,  ‘ I feel like I’ve seen the underbelly and don’t know what their ‘mood’ or treatment of me will be now I’ve resisted being bullied.’  I wonder too when things like this happen if it isn’t God telling me to move , that I’ve been too longer here .  I almost feel like coming home. The weather is nice but I’m feeling lonely.  

I told my friends from home I meditated with,  “God tested my serenity and I failed.  I’m not in the present like Elkhart Tolle ‘power of now’ but keep replaying the conversation and the absurdity of the beginning, blaming and the lack of amends. I called my academic military friend in Washington and told him 

“It’s like I’m doing all this self development work, learning not to guilt, shame or blame, and keeping my side of the street clean and suddenly I’m assailed by an ape. Everyone likes me because I shower each day and smell nice but they don’t even bathe,”
He laughed and asked,  “what’s the positive?”
   
“Im humbled . I ‘ve still got more work to do on maintaining peace of mind. I might have thought I was a Navy Seal of Serenity but I’m still in boot camp. More work to do but also maybe I am supposed to move.  My musician friend would say, “Ive been on this stationary scene too long,”

I’m always anxious loading the camper but it went well and another guy from Canada walked by and gave me some advice for straightening the load. Nice guy. We talked of motorcycles.  

Now all I needed to do was load my Harley.  I packed Madigan on the back in his box and had a great ride to Bobby’s Territorial Harley in Yuma.  

“I had problem with the transport mode on my way down ,  I had to take out the main fuse to stop my new Nightster Specail alarming.  Could you go over that with me again.  ‘

‘The repair guy was great showed me how to do it.  The old way was pressing both turn signals where as with the 2023 edition both turn signals are on one so I had to hold down a different button. It worked. One anxiety reduce.  One step at a time.  

Now Im here this morning, having had a coffee and thinking I’ll shower then load up the water tank and empty the holding tank and try loading the harley on its front rack.  It’s about 9.  People are about and in the past I’ve had a challenge getting it to snug in the last foot. I’ve loosened the blockage so it should be a problem.  

But if the harley was loaded then leaving might well be the answer.  I think I’d feel better to be heading home because I really do miss Canada and friends so heading it that direction will help the homesickness. Despite being a Gypsy at times I often get enough travelling and am ready to be back in my known comfortable world. 

I really have enjoyed Bonita Mesa until last night and Yuma has been great so I think it’s just time for me to be moving on.  I have to remember to take down the Star Link satellite and stow that. I worry I”ll head out without doing that.  So many moving parts. 

Madigan is sleeping on the table. He’s had a great time in the Dessert.  San Diego is only a few hours a way a way.  There’s place along the route too. I really should see more.

I drove my Harley over toe. 

No comments: