Thursday, January 4, 2024

Yuma, gratitude

Thank you Lord for this day. Thank you for the Bible. Thank you for my mentors. Thank you for prayer and meditation, Thank you for breath. Thank you for indoor plumbing and running water Thank you for clean air.
Thank you for Apple. Thank you for iPhone and internet and Starlink and Mac book pro. Today is a day of virtual work, Thank you for the clinics and thank you for my being able to do this from this beautiful site of warmth and sunshine. Thank you for the dessert air which is helping my lungs and joints heal. Thank you for cutlery and instant oats and coffee and milk.
Thank you for this day

Guide me in my words and deeds,

Help me to be closer to you and know you more clearly and love you more dearly,  

Thank you for madigan. Help me be more responsive to his needs and give him more walks and attention,

Thank you for my networks and friends and family. Thank you for the sunrise this morning. Thank you for the sleep last night.  Thank you for this camper mini home with all its amazing features and capacities.  

Thank you for my education and experience. Thank you for Harlan CoBan and Graham Greene.  Thank you for Kindle and Prime and Netflix. Thank you for scientific papers on line, pub med and research

Thank you for this coffeee.  Thank you for the Canadian honey that tasted so much better than the American honey here. I’m interested in this as it’s likely to do with the honey bees and flowers.  I can’t compare one honey to all but I’d not appreciately how good Canadian Honey was till I had a comparison which was relatively tasteless compared to the rich full taste of Canadian honey.  Is is BC honey. Like the Okanagan or is it the Desert flowers.  Honey clearly is as precious as wine or cheese and yet I don’t think the average Canadian realizes how rich we are in honey.  I am looking forward to trying different Yuma honeys in search of the delicacy of delicacies.  I have another honey from the local market and look forward to trying that.  It’s also the way I use honey, mostly only as coffee sweetener . Maybe there are different honies for different purposes.  A smart entrepreneur would market a ‘line of honeys’, a major expansion over our Okanagan honey source which has mountain flower and barley honey .  I envision as New York shop just like the London shop that I encountered in the early 70’s with it’s rich choices of pates served at the underground wine bar.  My shop would be world coffees and world honeys.  

Actually I’m just thankful for this honey and this coffee .  I’ve been drinking Ethiopian since being there and realizing that Yemen, which was once part of the Ethiopian empire was the source of coffee.  I had the least caffeinate mellow Konan coffee when I sailed there and stayed there.  Now I’m planning on finding a fine Mexican coffee as I’m here.  

These are the minor challenges.  Decadent and epicurean.  No harm done. 

Thank you god for joy and whimsy.

Thank you for morning walks in the desert.   It rained last night when I was bringing home my Harley Davidson Nightster Special motorcycle from Bobby’s Territorial Harley Davidson dealer in Yuma. The ignition module needed to be replaced and it took a couple of weeks to get the part in.  I rode it home ahead of the storm.  I’m looking forward to riding and exploring.  Hope to get some goggles for Madigan because I fear there is sand in the air when the wind blows.  Normally no but if the wind blows up there’s sand and Cockapoo’s eyes are sensitive. 















No comments: