Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Yuma - sunshine returned

Somewhere a virgin sacrificed her virginity because the sun has returned. I love the fragrance of dessert this morning after a day of rain and another of mist and cloud.  Madigan is so excited when I walk him to the dessert now. Before it was to explore the shrubs but now it’s the social event of the day. He’s made so many little friends.  The owners and I chat pleasantries while our pups sniff butts and genitals.

I have my chiropracter visit this morning. I imagined I would be doing much more self care down here but work really does take a toll on energy and time.  I’ve had more or less a 4 day work week for a few years.  My work week is indeed 40 hours now.  When I worked 5 days a week and weekends I don’t know when I had time for basic errands.  Grocery shopping and laundry were done late in the evening. No wonder I have time now to watch tv and read. I so enjoy reading. It amazes me what I accomplished with the time I had and how I figure today I’m more likely moseying along with the group.  

I certainly enjoy my sleep.  Last night I dreamed I was hunting in the hills with friends and we were running. When I got up to the ridge overlooking the valley I found I’d forgotten my rifle. With lucid dreaming I could pick up a rifle but what I’d most enjoyed was the pain free running. I actually almost been flying. Waking with the memory of that run was peaceful.

The jets are flying over. It seems more this week.  I lit an incense stick and enjoyed the scent of Surya from Mumbai.  It takes me back to my time there walking freely among the people shorter mostly than me and brown. I was a talk white gringo who celebrated the culture and people of India. I would like to go back.  I don’t remember the business class so intrussive as they were on my last visit.  The hustlers and hawkers are making travel less appealing.  I understand the value of restricted resorts now. Even here in Mexico with only street salesmen and no beggars I miss the peace of walking without constant interruption and importunity.  I remember when I thought we should wear swords again to whack anyone who approaches without true justification.  The ‘me’ class that we see with the android and iPhones is this person who approaches to sell whatever. They’re like the phone telemarketers.  Rude and offensive. The liberals celebrate them like the do the mob clashes today regarding Palestine and Israel in Canada.  I’m reading Cafe Wars by David Lee Corley of the Algerian Liberation conflict .  When do my rights supplant yours.  In this Canadian society there are countless self proclaimed ‘victims’ and ‘cause celebre’ while I’m feeling old and unrepresented.  My cohort can’t ’march in the streets’ and are indeed afraid of crowds and youth because a spill can break a hip or strain a knee.  Minor injuries lead to weeks and months of health care.  Meanwhile our government whose principle purpose is that of law and order participates in the chaos all the while stealing what’s left of a lifetime of work for their cronies.  With all the fear mongering and screeching politics it’s hard not to be pulled into their insaniety.  

A friend complained about the street march disrupting morning work traffic and wondered if they’d arrange a ‘permit’ for their mob violence.  I remember out 50 mile walk as teens to raise money for the disabled , the organizers and volunteers. Then only a few years ago I rode my motorcycle among hundreds in the ‘ride for dad’ raising money for prostate cancer with the support of police and months of planning.

This is like the ‘illegal’ alien issue.  BLM and Antifida were the first that were imposing their radical left wing violent ideologies on the rest of us without respect for the greater good.  No response from our government and support and celebration. So then June 6th and the later the Freedom riot and now the Farmers.  These are the mainstream, the centrist and mild right. I’m conservative with age. I sing like the Beatles, “We don’t want a revolution’.  I see what the Hitler and Mao and Stalin revolutionaries bring.  It is rare that violence and mob provide better than that achieved by diplomacy.  The UN and WEF are not what they seem.  It’s all smoke and mirror.  I just imagine that the hearse I’m travelling with will be turned over by these radical left wing weaklings and cowards and set on fire. I will be past caring by there. Even today I worry about my interest in these media stoked fires and these political celebrations infiltrated by RCMP and FBI.  I enjoyed Putin telling about his work as KGB to infiltrate and manipulate demonstrators in his days.  

Buffalo Springfield. “People carrying signs mostly say hoorah for our side’.  Why aren’t these people working or in school????  Why do they have money for drugs but not rehabilitations.  Why is a government not providing country treatment centres and work communities for people like we did with the old asylums and jails.  How come Singapore can have a safe and orderly society while Canadian and American cities devolve into filth and lawlessness. Or course its not so bad.  The contagion of the ‘red light district’, our ‘down town eastside’ or similar areas of other cities were what I encountered in Barcelona , a 4 block lawless contagion enraged and with warnings. Criminals, drug dealers and prostitutes knew not to go outside that area without risk of arrest for illegal activities.  Let the Antifia, BLM, Palestinian crowds and all those CBC loved radical left wing radicals march in their district.  They certainly learned to do this in Northern Ireland where wars began when the demonstrations infringed on the other side.

I’m for peace not war. Every country in the world has a conflict so we could make each day of the year a time for demonstrations for Tibet.  China has colonized and genocided Tibet and yet Trudeau doesn’t care for Tibet or peace. Like his father he was a closet wanker and war monger.  I’m distracted by their duplicity.

Today Im here in Yuma truly blessed by God for a life of service. I have food water and shelter in this camper with the perfect little dog and must shower before I begin work and then depart for a bit of self care from chronic pain.  Pain is that which we can say in no other ways. It’s the modern ‘hysteria’ like fatigue.  Ennui of luxury. I’m packageing my resentments and fears in the little DTES of my back and much take the plank out of my eye before I look at the mote in yours. 

Thank you Jesus for faith and grace and forgiveness. Help me be a more peaceful man today. Help me to be more forgiving and less judgemental. Help me be kinder and more understanding.  Help me to be a channel like St. Francis.  Thank you for Madigan my dog whose example is so often wiser than mine, Thank you for my family and friends Thank you for Laura. Thank you for the men in my recovery groups. Thank you for my teachers and mentors.. Thank you for the clergy. Thank you for musicians and writers and teachers and fabric makers. Thank you for the mechanics and carpenters and rocket scientists and lab techs. Thank you for coffee and honey and milk. Thank you for Apple and Star Link and Google and Kindle. Thank you for all the gifts of this fascinating life. Thank you for love. Thank you for kindness, Thank you for respect.  

thank you Jesus.  Your example reigns today . I would rather be like you  than all the trophy folk,  let me find god within and the serenity to do the next right thing.  Help me to know you and be of service today.  
Hallelujah. thank you Jesus. 







No comments: