Sunday, January 21, 2024

Imperial Nature Refuge, Yuma

Madigan and I decided to take a ride on the Harley for our day’s adventure. I didn’t have a destination but had seen signs for recreational areas along the I95 when I’d driven to the Castle Dome Silver Mine.  It was a cloudy day but a great ride.  Madigan is tucking his head down behind me in his box at higher speeds. I can see his head in my rear view mirrors when he pokes them up.
The last mil  to the Imperial National Nature Refuge was gravel road but little lose gravel.  I don’t like gravel on the Harley but this was fine.  Madigan could get off the bike and run about. Dogs were just not allowed in the exhibit building. I enjoyed the raised viewing platform. 

There was a boat launch with pub and outboard gas pump. Lots of Quads and Dessert 4x4 s with a touring guiding centre.  I also saw all thes great RV and Fifth Wheel Rigs spotte about the dessert.  They were off grid with solar panels and good generators. I expected they could last a few weeks without much trouble.  Maybe military folk get ways or off grid living for the middle class.  More boat trailers and quads.
I drove back to the US Army Proving Ground entrance to get a picture of Madigan and the bike under the helicopter, Another motorcyclist was just leaving having done the same.  

Great day. Great ride. Great dog!


























No comments: