Friday, January 12, 2024

Los Algadones

I’m sitting in MediPlaza waiting for Sol optical to make me another pair of glasses.  They cost $140 and take 2 hours. They’re progressive prescription. I can have a pair keep extra pair in the vehicles.  It’s the facial bling.  I also bought some jewelry from Sandra and a leather bag from the married couple who sold Laura her purse and now for the second years had the purses I sent as gifts to the girls in the family.  
I have medications , antibiotics for the emergency kits.  Inexpensive.  
I like watching the young pretty MOA’s and dental nurses go by.. The old people my age are well tanned but aren’t fit like the locals.  Obesity and arthritis take their told on the old. Better to gain weight than be losing it as a result of a wasting disease.
I’ve worked all week an enjoy this time .  I’m in another country. I have disposable income and the prices are low.  I don’t have anything I really want but it’s comforting to know I could buy something if I wanted. I was thinking of a leather jacket but so far haven’t seen a thigh that appeals .

Mostly people are shorter here.  

A fellow with a motorcycle has pulled up and left it parked on the road.  I think I’d like to bring my motorcycle acros the border as an adventure.  I figure despite its value it would be safe here.  The guys at Bobby’s Territorail Harley figured I’d be safe in the few hundred miles near the border.  I read that Los Algadones is considered by the US to be one of the safest places.  So many professionals and such a wealthy community selling health and dental services to the norteamericanos.  

I’m thankful to be here.  I don’t like the line up to return across the border and I worry that I’ve spent too much money when I go through customs. I haven’t but it’s that border crossing anxiety reaching back to the difficulties I had young.  

I’ll be glad to use the washroom here and then wander about some more.  Exercise is good. I’ve a few small purchases like coffee I could make.  I want to get back to the border as the line up begins at 3 and it will be 2 when I get my glasses.

Thank you for this day. Thank you Jesus for all your blessings. Thank you for fun and pleasure. Thank you for confidence and wealth and creativity. Thank you for writing, this ipad and jewelry . Thank you for all the riches I have and family and friends Thank you for Madigan.  Thank you Jesus. 





No comments: