Saturday, February 3, 2024

Oceanside, California

The sunrises and sunset here are heaven. Orange, yellow, gold, red canvases painted daily by the master. Coming off 101 I drove to the Pier. What a view! Pelicans, egrets, sea lions, fishing boats, sailboats, and surfers. It was a visual feast.  A Pamela Anderson kind of beach too. 
The halibut fish sandwich from the daily catch market was delicious.  My cockapoo Madigan savoured the myriad of sniffs while I gloried in the seaside scenes of picnics and bright blue skies. When the seas were high the surfers ruled. When the winds were high the multi coloured sail kites provided the visual delights.
I am staying at the Oceanside RV Park across from Tracy’s Piercings.  It’s a really uptown place for my F350 Ford ,Adventurer Camper and Harley Nightster Special.  Used for fishing trips in Northern Canada they’ve seen less orderly surroundings.  Extremely helpful administration and superb facilities. Very dog friendly.  
The Oceanside community caters to young and old and very young looking old.  There’s all manner of  fitness places providing a  wide range of activities Vital Climbing Gym ,the Nevarez Boxing Centre, Axe fitness so many more.  There’s no evidence of the American obesity epidemic here, or unsafe streets.  I loved walking the dog in the area along the beach and on the paths leading to the beach.  
In addition to the exotic Tracy’s Piercings and Marine tattoos , there’s all manner of the traditional California yoga, therapeutic massage and beauty rest studios.  There’s the big mall with Walmart and Better Buy on the other side of the I5 but along the coast it’s just small speciality food shops and little stores.   There’s the widest range restaurants but with a dog ,I prefer take out places. There’s quite the variety.    Vietnamese Pho and Hawaiian Barbecue are really good.   As would be expected there are countless gift stores and hand made art along with galleries of the finest California.  Personally I liked Breeza with it’s great tourist gifts and clothing. I liked the salty hoodies and unique colourful beach bags.
Right now I’ve laundry being done at the nearby laundry for a great price . I’m planning on walking the dog down to the coast and then loading him into his box on the back of my Harley for another ride about the neighbourhood. It’s really quaint. The houses are all shapes and sizes individualistic from hacienda style to modern and a lot of what looks like they started as seasonal beach cottages only to expand into luxury homes. 
I like the coastal churches and am intrigued by one called the Rythym Church.  That must be stomping for Sunday Services .
What a wonderful place to visit. My friend loves Carlsburg that’s the next place south.  I’d been to Encinatas 20 minutes further and  loved it too.  The Self Realization Fellowship ashram is there. Right now I’m loving Oceanside. For those who love God in nature this place is heaven.  
 So glad to have found it thanks to a call to the Good Sam Club accredited Oceanside RV Resort. The staff enthusiasm was well placed.   































No comments: