Friday, February 9, 2024

Oceanside - leaving

I loaded the Harley Davidson Nightster Special on the front rack yesterday by myself. I’d taken off the brake which stopped my forward motion a foot from the end. That made pushing it on easy. Only when I had the Harley tied down it was obvious that tire break provided a lot of stability.  Luckily I was able to bolt it back on,
I completed the day of virtual work yesterday.  The rain stopped so Madigan and I could go for the Hawaiian Barbecue we both enjoy.  I had the umbrella and had to use it on the way back,
This morning it’s not raining and the sun is out. I’m packed and just have to take down the Starlink to leave.  I really enjoyed my stay here,  I especially liked the walk to the coast along the little river where I saw the large King Fisher and took pictures of the Egrets,  Twice I had breakfast at the Buccaneer Cafe,  California Burito. The views of the coast was spectacular and several times I walked down to watch the waves and sea birds. 
On the weekend I returned to the Pier where I’d first stopped when I arrived.  The surfer and sail surfers were out. The Pelicans were tremendous.  I loved the happy sea lions contented in their close proximity.  I loved motorcycling about Oceanside I’m wearing the hoodie I bought at Breezy.  
All round I had a good time here despite this last week of storm and rain with daily warnings of flooding and road wash outs. The weather prospect is better today with sunshine tomorrow I’m planning on getting past LA and stopping somewhere before San Francisco. The temperature drops at San Fran so I’ll leave that for the final run starting next Friday I think unless I enjoy the drive a lot this weekend. I’ve 20 hours of driving and want to stay on the historic scenic 101 but may go over to the I5 if traffic’s is an issue.






























No comments: