Sunday, February 4, 2024

Frazier Farms - Oceanside, California

Yesterday afternoon I found Frazier Farms up Oceanside Blvd.   What an organic food treat of treats.  In Vancouver we have Choices and Urban Fare which I really enjoy shopping at. Safeway and other big chains are obviously good enough.  Frazier Farms is Choices on steroids.  I just loved the variety foods.  

I was there for bread and bought the most delicious Rosemary Asiago Focaccia Rolls. I wanted eggs too and the choices were myriad.  The competing labelling was something else.  Ultimately I bought the ‘free range personally raised by our children in our backyard hand fed flies’ eggs.  I’m looking forward to making eggs Benedict. They’re way too special for mere hard boiled or scrambled. I wanted rice too. There wasn’t just brown or white but an infinite variety from around the world as well as local.  I settled for Organic California Brown Basmati rice.  

I also wanted some cold cuts for sandwich’s, a change from the salami.  I chose Applewood Smoked Ham and Kretschmar Roast Beef. They didn’t appear to have any bologna. I didn’t see any Old Cheddar so bought Prima Donna Old cheese.  Such a range and so typically California.  

At checkout they didn’t ask me to do the work but packed my food bullion in paper bags for me. I took them gingerly  to my Harley motorcycle and transferred  the precious goods to saddlebags.  It was a short sweet ride back to Oceanside RV park my stomach grumbling and saliva drooling out of the sides of my mouth and helmet.  No doubt the locals thought I was frothing.  I like to write home that I’m roughing it camping at Oceanside RV park. Frazier Farms foods will obviously add to my exquisite suffering.
 
I’d told the check out girl that I really enjoyed Frazier Farms. I enjoyed  her happy employee reply, « I love seeing people’s amazement when they first come here. ». She beamed

As soon as I unpacked my motorcycle I peeled and ate the most delicious grapefruit sized orange.  

The song, California Dreaming jumps right into my brain, along with the Classic Beach Boy tunes like California girls.  I can’t help but notice Oceanside has a lot of beautiful young girls and boys. When I passed through San Francisco on the way here the people looked like a cross section of other big American cities.  Homogenizing globalism was eating away the once unique city of my youth.  Oceanside however  retains  a taste of the San Francisco of my 20’s when the baby boom peaked.  We were dancing in the streets with flowers in our hair.  

Obviously lots of hard working parents in this neighbourhood as ours were back then.  The older folk like me are mostly walking their designer dogs looking tanned and fit after  attending all those yoga studios and spas.  Still haven’t seen any obesity.  Frazier Farms provides less bulk and more choice and quality for the price.  Oceanside  is definitely a tasty bit of heaven on earth.
  



No comments: