Sunday, February 18, 2024

Burnaby Home

I feel relaxed after the hours of driving to see a friend.  It’s good to feel safe and rest. I’ve made a list of the many things I must do in the next few days. Renew passport. I arrived home under the deadline so I don’t have to get guarantors as I would if I wasn’t renewing my passport with the old one there with me when I made the appointment.  I’d hoped to learn to pull my large trailer with the enhanced driver license and training. However to do that I must first get a beginner’s permit from ICBC.  That’’s the most I’ll be able to do this week.  I’m going to church this morning to give thanks. 
Right now Madigan is on the table and needs a walk.  I’m having coffee.  I’ll phone Paul to bring back my Fifth Wheel.  I’ll have to transfer the contents from this to that and get the cleaning ladies in. I also need to replace the animal destroyed couch with a new couch and maybe a smaller mattress to facilitate making the bed. Right now it’s really difficult due to the oversized mattress. 
I’ll take the beginner’s test then set up the test training and road test later in the year.  I really like this camper which has truly proved itself with Logan Lake, Harrison Hot Springs,  Yuma and Oceanside.

I’m thankful to be home.
I’m feeling relaxed and healthy and leaving for Yuma I was feeling sickly and afraid I’d die of Covid.  Another winter outside of Canada. What a blessing.  That is rich indeed. I’ve been able to renew and am looking forward to work and the new year. Just have to stay active. I’m so pleased with the outcome of the ‘land expedition’ .  I have never respected all the RV’s passing on the highway. I now appreciate what they have done.  I have even greater respect for my Mom and Dad.  LA freeways were a challenge.  It’s the fear.  Night driving and so many challenges.  I loved that I could get repairs done on the road.  I loved that I could stay a couple of nights off grid in National Campgrounds.  I liked that I could stay at the side of the road with the camper something I couldn’t do with a big rig.  It’s a whole learning process and I feel my mind has been rewired. Neuroplasticity and learning tasks.

I’m going to take Madigan for a walk and get on with the lists of things to do. 

Thank you Jesus.  



No comments: