Saturday, June 11, 2022

New Day

I pray, God, guide me this day. Thy will be done.  May I know you more deeply. May I serve you in all I do and say. Show me the Way. Thank you Jesus.
I walk the dog.  I make coffee and drink it. Soon I’ll step in the shower and wash then dress. I have a chiropractor apt with Dr. Ready and truly hope that he will provide some relief for my lumbar back pain.  It’s a chronic conversation.  I am thankful my doctor reassured me that I could go for adjustments. I’m thankful he said that there was was nothing concerning to see. I was thankful she suggested I do stretches before I get out for bed.  Since doing that the sharp soul destroying pain I’d feel standing has gone. I’m even now sitting aware of my back.  It gets better with exercise and movement.  I’m just cautious fearing a twist will send sharp pain through me.  
My God what is the meaning of this pain. What am I to learn from it.  Pain is that which you can say in no other way.
Yes I know that I have too much belly pain and need to exercise and eat less. I didn’t fast yesterday but I had a good run there and I’m still swimming most days. I’ve stopped the sit ups and stretching but still stretch. Yes I need more.  
I like the balm of gilead the monks make. 
It’s also  a distraction.
I’m just coasting here in my life. So much more I could be doing but instead I’m just doing the next right thing, getting by, working. I’m definitely working. But I fear I’m resting on my laurels there . I’m working more than my cohort and so many are dying , becoming ill or retiring. I would only travel. I am fine recouping. I’ve had a magnificent European trip with the incredible viewing of galleries. Now I’m just waiting to camp again. I’ve been planning for next winter. I’ve kept matters going, doing the errands, making repairs. I”ve the Harley insured and on the road. I’ve shared my income with others. I’ve donated. I’ve participating and done service. It’s okay.
What I could be doing
- completing the three books I’ve done major progress on
- taking more theology courses at the university, maybe anthropology
- making more progress regarding my gender dysphoria, talking with others rather than being in my head.
- i could be exercising more and meditating and praying more
- I could be reducing my storage locker.  
- I could be cleaning my home or at least seeking a cleaning service
- I could be decluttering
- I could be taking driving course to improve my driving skills
- I could be studying guitar or keyboard to improve my knowledge of musical

I’m hoping if it’s sunny I’ll lie outside and read more genre based novels. I’ll walk the dog. I’m part of what our friend Ann calls the invisible low. The elderly.  I’m a senior. I want to be ‘somebody’ the song said. I’m past my prime. I could be studying medicine more.  A course is definitely a consideration. I began one last week and found it didn’t work on the ipad so I was going to have to do it on the Mac Pro.

I am grateful.









No comments: