Sunday, June 12, 2022

A good Sunday

When I woke up this morning I wasn’t feeling particularly good having dreamed of receiving three cigarette and 2 joints and looking forward to using them. The so called ‘using dream’. I didn’t partake but I was full of bygone delight.  A kind of hang over. I’m coming up on 25 years clean and sober and find every year during this month of June I have a difficult times.
I felt like I had a day ahead and literally nothing to do. I was reminded of those summer holiday days as a kid of 10 or 11 when I’d be bereft of ideas about what to do and actually ask my mother. She’d naturally come up with chores and I’d escape on my bike. I suspect she was wise enough to know what she was doing. I used to bike everywhere as a kid. I supposed I could load Madigan on the motorcycle and we could go off exploring. 
Instead I decided after coffee to get ready for church. I decided to dress as Amber and just accept cross dressing as part of my nature.  I’ve cross dressed for church before. I understand my cross dressing mechanic patient who dressed as drab for working on his car’s engine.  Jeans and t shirt.  Church is a dress up occasion and I did enjoy getting ready. Nothing spectacular. I was ready in less than 45 minutes and with Madigan made the drive to church in 15 minutes. We actually arrived on time as the church was full and I think they must have started a few minutes late.  
I loved the service. I love baptism services and at least 2 little girls were baptised.  Madison was well enough behaved and I was thankful for that. He’s learning.
After church I returned home.  
I changed and went for a hot tub and swim. Three adults were enjoying the pool but the hot tub was free so I did enjoy that.  As they 2 women and a man didn’t seem to be leaving the pool anytime soon I chose to leave after a good time in the heat. I’d sun tanned yesterday and had a little rose colour on the skin that carried a little sting, not unpleasant but just enough to remind me I’d had some sun for the first time this year.
Then I took Madigan for a long walk by the river, passing our Rainbow bridge and doing stretches along the way at the fences. It was walk to the green generator and I was content with the exercise. Madison as ever was ready to return.
Back home I’ve been chatting with Laura on Signal. 
I was considering a course at Oxford but none really appealed.  However I went over to Trinity College and joined Futurelearn again. I’d signed up but never done the Culture of Ireland course, something I may come back to. This time though I did a week of the 4 week book of Kell’s course and thoroughly enjoyed it. 
I’d been fasting all day but now have decided white spot fish and chips with a burger for Madigan is a great idea. I’ve not eaten some 18 hours so that’s definitely a healthy break and fish and chips is calling. I’m riding the Harley over. They said it was going to be 20 minutes so I made this note.
What there fore turned out to be a blasé day has been perked up by Church and a river walk and and an hour of a most interesting lecture series. I did a medical course for credit yesterday and feel better.  
Thank you Jesus. 














  

No comments: