Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Blue sky

I woke and stretched in bed. This was what the doctor recommended. Sure enough the pain of standing was less. Stretching. Gravity. Low back pain.  I even ordered a book on back exercises from the spinal-health.com site she recommended. I’ve a chiropractor apt I’ve been waiting for since before I went to Europe. I had this idea I had to have a spinal X-ray before next manipulation. I’ve been rather skitterish.  Vulnerable. Fragile.  I’m better today.  The blue sky cinched it. The forecast was rain. Yesterday’s sunshine was so uplifting. I’m disheartened that my mood is so marginal that the mere presence of sun uplifts me and a day more of rain and gloom disheartens.  We’ve had so much rain and the political darkness is epic.
I tried to ride my Harley again only to have the battery be dead despite my charging and riding it last week. So I bought a new small motorcycle battery charger tender. Unfortunately it didn’t have the proper connection for the wires that come out and connect to the electric heat vest I wear in winter. I returned to Lordco and they gave me the part. I found my crimping tool and the box of connectors, cut the wires and added the new connector. Interestingly the automatic charger detected the polarity issue on the connector so I had to cut off the first one and reattach the second one. I couldn’t ‘see’ the difference.  Eureka the second try worked and the bike’s been charging all night. I’ve not done electrical work, even as simple as this in a couple of years. 
 Covid was a bit of a black hole. 2 years of minimalist survival mode. Work and sleep. I’m glad I had the Europe trip and all the walking and study to kickstart my life again. I’m actually motivated. 
It still astounds me that at took courses in the evening after work and did a masters in religious studies/theology.  I was delighted to see my friend AIM’s book awarded. I’m again reading David Kuhl’s book What Dying People Want.  They’re both elegantly written academic books. I once aspired to that but then chose the populist approach to writing. I moved apart from my colleagues at the university when the corruption smelt to high heaven and cowardice was overwhelming. I’ve been out in the clinical world doing heavy lifting. It feels like a bit of a factory. Virtual now there are severe limits on psychotherapy but psychopharmacology is easy with the medium.  I like that I have so many patients I know and see each year. The new unknown patient is the challenge. I have those weekly but it’s the balance that makes the practice less stressful.  

I’m now looking forward to the winter southern trip for a month as a trial.  Between now and then I have the Scot Fest Highland GAmes with Laura. It’s just a walk about on a Saturday afternoon. Participation , belonging. In years gone by I’ve been more involved with the Hay presence. I loved the day Stuart, my Scotty, wearing a Hay tartan jacket walked at the front of the opening parade with the Sgte Major and all.  He stole the show that day.  

Laura and I are planning a hotel stay in Harrison’s for the July long weekend. After that there’s Pride Festival. I’ve not been for so many years because the IDAA conference was that weekend. I decided with Europe I”d miss the IDAA this year even though it’s in Houston where I”d love to go, simply because the travel restrictions are onerous still and I’d spent so much on the Europe trip.  I’ve only paid off the cost and I’d actually paid flights and rooms before going.  The lack of income and all the sundry considerations with tax and various dues all colliding had me living pay Cheque to pay cheque. I don’t know how others live because everything has gone up with inflation. Rent increases, food price increases, gas price increases.  The grossest most offensive mismanagement of the economy and outright corruption by the Trudeau government never before known except in his Father’s Day.It’s almost like the son wants to out do the father in ruining the finances of Canadians.  The communist Krause and the other globalist elite are quite frightening. 

The shortage of doctors and the overwork of doctors is in the headlines.  The government is replacing doctors with nurses and just like among the natives they’ll soon replace nurses with 10 week trained community care workers. The new policy is to have an off the shelf one fit all health care program that provides the least and if more is needed they one gets shunted off to the sides if one survives. It’s such a factory model while all the money goes to administration. The committee meetings ad infinitum that made government work so appalling have just ratcheted up to even greater obscenity. Meanwhile I”m without any benefits and no pension and continue to slog away doing the lion’s share of work while by government counterpart is now high paid. I remember when I could sit in my office all day and didn’t see patients .  One doctor in the government went 6 months without seeing a patient and only showed up for the staff meetings for an hour every day Lovcked themselves in the office the rest of the day reading and I presume masturbating.  Another doctor told me they ran a real estate company because the management didn’t want them to ‘interfere’ in the health care. They needed the doctor to co-sign their bullshit.

I miss the slow pace and lack of work and envy my administrative doctor colleagues . The young are flocking to this monetary heaven and the security. In Canada the only ones doing well are the criminals and those with government jobs.  See I descend into self pity. But what would I do otherwise. I saw an Australian all terrain camper that really was skookum and I loved that he was on a grand walk about. I expect if I wassn’t working and was more animated I’d be traveling about putting a camper. The trouble with this wine it’s the greatest live aboard ,real luxury since the yacht days, so much better than apartments with the dog and neighbors and park, but I feel I have to downsize or become a really good driver. I’m just not able to manage towing this about. I’d hope to go south with the camper. Like my Vespa and my Harley Bagger.  I’ve a world of big and small accessories and older I just want to deal with the ‘small’.  I struggle with trading this in, selling the boat, and camper an getting a gas bus I could drive today and heading out. Younger I”d head to South America and visit Bolivia and Brazil and Chile and Argentina.  Today I’m more often thinking I’d like to crawl back to bed and hide.  I’m not intrepid today recovering and physically feeling less.  I’m cautious now and am acting fairly normal. Life is good.  Each day has adventure. I’m enjoying my life and grateful.

Thank you Jesus for all your blessings.  Thank you for Laura and Madison and family and work and help me to serve better and guide me. 











No comments: