Friday, June 24, 2022

James Epp and Adventurer RV

I was again awoken from sleep by the Kaffkaesque Frazerway RV and Diana Smith.
I had asked Diana Smith if I could speak to her senior and I even asked if she required me to get a lawyer to discuss the matter as the insurer and I both had the impression that talking with her was pointless. She was repeating herself, stonewalling, ghosting and gas lighting.  Nothing about the communication was professional or business like.  
This morning I learned that James Epp and his family began the Adventurer Business.  A multi millionare business friend said that he was surprised that I was having difficulty with Epp’s family business because in the past he said, “I thought he was a good guy.”  When one businessman refers to another this way it suggests that unless the Hell’s Angel, Euro Gang or Mob have joined the company or leadership has changed the problem is with the employee.
I’d already wondered if Diana Smith’s difficulties were predjuce against doctors or men or older men or the LGBT community or Christians.  I had done soul searching and was repeatedly told by the senior mentors I’d talked with that indeed I was being abused.  I reviewed the literature on women in management and realized I’d done nothing to be offensive.  
It seemed then that generalizing Diana Smith’s lack of social and business skills and unprofessional behaviour as reflective of the company was at fault.  I therefore sent a note to James Epp, the president expressing concern about his employee and concern with my not having a camper 9 months after I brought it to them for repair and now months after I was told I would be able to use it for this brief summer’s camping season.  
I was referred to a consumer watch service who would be glad to do investigative journalism because of who I was and their belief that doctors in a medical crisis , we’re burnt out and overworked and leaving the field, shouldn’t be hustled and hassled but rather they should be treated reasonably.  This stonewalling, gaslighting, and ghosting and offensive unprofessional behaviour being done to a educated seniors likely suggested that more junior or less capable people would be easy prey. The journalist is interested in unsavioury business practices and the increase in unethical behaviour and third world business behaviour in Canada. They’ve had a lot of success exposing this.  
Again it’s quite possible Diana Smith is the problem and her intransigence dealing with the insurance people and with me, similiar concerns about the interactions, could simply reflect it’s a personal problem. Women in the workplace are often juggling home duties and work duties. 
I have now sent a letter to James Epp the company president and hope that the problem isn’t with the company but rather with a person in the company. Indeed given the stress of my work these last couple of years and the number of patients that are suicidal and psychotic in my practice it’s probably me personally. I never expected this having done my very best and been quite shocked by Diana Smith’s behaviour.  
Now I have to go get my hearing aid fixed. I had hearing lost after I acquired deafness taking the anti TB medications I had to take for a year after acquiring TB working on northern aboriginal reservices when years went by with the government and university unable to get a physician to serve as a fly in doctor.  I just read that the vaccines have been associated with hearing loss as well.  I joke that it’s a consequence of rock and roll but I joke because I’m so sad at the losses of aging.  My back X-ray shows a fractured spine which I presume is from the plane crass I was in when I was flying into the isolated reserve and the plane went off the run way and flipped in the ditch smashing the wing. I was a year before they could get trucks in to get it out in winter . I was young and thought nothing of it. Kids. Now I’m aging and grieving. Too many close friends have died.  The times are frightening. 

No comments: