Monday, December 27, 2021

Post Boxing Day

I still can’t say I’ve had a spiritual Christmas experience. I’ve had some joy taking deep breaths walking the dog in the winter wonderland of snow and arctic inflow. I’ve enjoyed eating. I’ve been reading a lot.  
It was good to connect with family. I sent lots of gifts to kids and it was a joy to hear and see that they actually were appreciated and fit.  Madigan loved the toys that Laura and I got him.  He was particularly fond of the Harley Davidson rope octopus. 
I’ve arrived here soul tired from work and appreciative of the time off. I’m getting by with the higher costs of the season, preparing for a holiday with no income coming in. I’m trying to get the costs done upfront and paying those off. So far I have the plane tickets. This week Laura and I go to the Harrison Hotsprings.  I’ve been limited by the chronic pain of my back or my attention to the psychosomatic phenomena, this week’s reservoir of self pity.
I really enjoyed a couple of hikes with Madigan and taking pictures with the new iphone13 camera.  I really do like gadgets. I’m enjoying the series 7 watch. I especially liked that I could send my old watch and phone to Graeme to fix up for his mother whose no more techie than Laura.  Other Christmas Apple has entertained me. I especially loved receiving the card of Andrew Tanya, Finn and Elliott (FATE) with them all in their matching white Christmas pajamas.  
The arctic has hit Vancouver and I even had to make an extra Propane run this morning.  
I do like photography.  I’ve been doing it along time since my high school darkroom days.
I’m still struggling with aging and ‘being somebody’.  I once thought I wanted to ‘be somebody’, to make a mark and somehow it became increasingly surviving with the depth of evil, the true banality of evil, in the political correctness and woke aparatchiks of beurocracy.  I have worked in the most dangerous and most difficult with the most marginized and survived. The question is when to retire.  I am working now. I’m really waiting for Laura at times.  I’m ready to travel. I’m all set to journey south. I look forward to another year of camping. I don’t know about another year worried about heat and propane,. I saw that Peter headed south. He and his partner along with Bella and Luka are in Palm Springs for the rest of the winter.
I was really down before getting the Moderna booster. It was scared. I felt like patients going for another ECT.  Fortunately no negative side effects.  
Omnicron and isolation.  I didn’t go to church or meetings but I went to Boxing Day to get a cover for my iPhone 13,  It was supposed to arrive last month but showed up on the doorstep Christmas Eve. I’m thankful as I use my phone so much in work and can now program the hearing more.  It’s such a trial with accents and connections.  Still I can work from home and I like that.  
Maligan is growing older and is maturing. I worried about leaving him when I went to Scotland.  I am looking forward to Aberdeen as a passage of sorts. The family connection.  I’ve felt I was left with doing things my brother would want me too.  I feel this will give closure of some kind.  
The China Sea heats up.  Communist China are eyeing Taiwan like Nazi Germany eyed Austria.  Putin is a wild card.  The leaders here are painful.  I don’t know.  
It’s the collective unconscious. What we think is what is.  I’m wanting my joyful thoughts.  With all the sleeping I’ve done these last few days I’m relaxing.  I’ve a couple more days of work then 4 days of hot springs and reading. I am so looking forward to the hot springs. Here our hot tub which had been such a resource has been fraught with barriers due to covid. And the cold. I don’t want to sign in and have the area opened when I’m in a bathing suit.  So many stresses of covid and the hope that come spring we’ll be further along.  
I am waiting to hear on my camper . If I wasn’t working I ‘d get a class 1 driving license. Maybe yet.  
I am thankful. Though some days I’ve not meditated or exercised but rather slept in and read.  I’ve eaten well sharing with Madigan who is now off dog food except his favorite which are hard to get. I’ve many challenges to surmount for Scotland. 
Thank you Jesus.  I’m feeling better. Thank you.















No comments: