Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Day getting longer

I don’t feel it yet. I have it on faith. The days are getting longer. What I see and feel is snow and cold. It’s like being back in Winnipeg.
On a positive note, the Ethiopian coffee is superb.
I’m getting by.  It’s a marathon. No quick fix here. I’ve been resting. Eating. Sleeping.  Reading. I’ve got history books and art studies but right now for days I’ ve been glued to Eric Warren’s Infinity’s End series. I’m on book 7.
The Louvre art book arrived. 
I’m prepared for Harrison Hotspring.  Thursday Laura arrives and we drive out. I’ll take the truck as the roads are so uncertain with the snow and after the floods.
I love breathing in the fresh air when I take the dog for a walk first thing in the morning. The air is so crisp. I feel breathing is a meditation then. I’m thanking God in prayer. My mind is always praying away the negative.  I’ve a short leash on my thoughts so they don’t pull me back and down.
The direction is forward and upward.  I’m lifted on eagle’s wings.

My cupoards and refrigerator are full of food. I’m stocked for weeks.  There is no immediate threat.  I’m safe.

If I take the leash off my mind I run raving in circles and fall into a fetal position lump.  I long to drift. I miss the sated summer vacations after youthful sex in the afternoon before the mosquitoes come. I’m afraid I’m not laying down any fine memories now. More of the same.  I’ve the crazy room mate pup. I’ve been raising him. This time is not for naught. I could have written the novel.  

I’m resting on my laurels a bit

Thinking about retirement. This next phase.  

Yesterday I bought an air fryer when I went to send mail. I’ve made fries and fish sticks. I’ll try chicken breast soon.  

I’m planning on a shower. I have work this afternoon and a full day tomorrow.  

More walking the dog.  Now I’ll lie down again and read more Eric Warren.  








  

No comments: