Sunday, August 15, 2021

Out and about in the City

I enjoyed getting dressed up to go downtown. I left Madigan to be a guard dog.  I rode the Vespa Touring. A beautiful young blond in a Mini,  with her white toy poodle on her lap, let me in ahead of her at the construction near Clarke.  I was glad to find parking on Burrard by Robson. Seems everyone had the same idea to enjoy the post Covid Lockdowns by coming into the city.

I love the Vespa Touring box. I could leave my helmet and armoured mesh jacket. I was dressed in a new Papa’s 50’s polka dot black dress. It was sleeveless and  fell  loosely from bozom to a couple of inches above the knees. I think it’s called A frame.   I had a matching black  earrings and necklace and the sandals I bought yesterday.  Very presentable and quite invisible. At my ages men and women tend to coalesce. No one cares as long as we’re clothed.  I actually had women compliment me on my dress. 

My first stop was the Vancouver Art Gallery. With the Covid lockdowns I’ve missed my visits and reflcctions on art and perspective.  It was a bit of a hodge podge  of exhibits from their collection. I enjoyed it.  Murat. Wade.  Modern works.  Some aboriginal and some black. Angry themes and more. I did enjoy the Heath ceramic exhibit. Emily Carr paintings were on the wall about the room.  It was just a lovely presentation.  I forget the main floor Asian artist. Dragans and Buddha. I so enjoyed the ‘space’ of the art gallery. 

After  I walked  to Granville. The street was closed off and there were entertainers spaced among the three blocks.  I was looking for the shoe store which I didn’t find. On a whim seeing Adrenaline and asked for another ear piercing. I’ve had piercings and tattoos done there. I talked about Erin and learned that Bill had left and has his own tattoo place in Maple Ridge.  The piercing went well. Sharp pain and then done.  

I walked all along Granville and turned back to Pacific Centre. There I stopped at B2 Shoes.  The beautiful sales girl dress in blue helped find me some sandals as well as half boots for the scooter. She brought me a whole selection. Two pair worked.  I’m normally not at all a shopper. This day I really enjoyed it. It was just such a change to be so amongst so many people after the last year of isolation. I loved people watching. Vancouver women in summer are a real treat. The men not so much. 

Back at the Vespa I put my shoes in the box, suited up and headed down Georgia.  I took Prior out to Commercial and found a parking place at one of my favourite cafe’s.  I was tired. An expresso perked me up while I wrote a blurb about the Art Gallery and uploaded some pictures to my blog.

Were it not for my eccentricity I might have stayed on the couch today. Playing dress up got me out.  Anonymous mostly with masks and just invisible old I enjoyed participating in the city. Also some time alone without Madigan whose now 11 months. Not such a puppy that he can’t be left alone a little bit.  

He was certainly glad when I got home. I change to tshirt and shorts. Lick would have it Emory and Bella were out being walked.  Madigan did two tours of the park.  The heat and humidity was telling on the fur coated friends when we came in

Now it’s movies and left overs. What a great day!  Thank you Jesus! 





























No comments: