Saturday, August 7, 2021

Agency

The question always comes back to agency.  Am I the singer or the song? Am I the hammer or nail?  Is it free will or determinism?  Fate or destiny or what?
Confabulation is the ‘story’ a man with alcoholic Alzheimer’s will make up to ‘explain’ something, The judges wife gave her husband an empty bottle when he asked for another beer.  He said ‘it’s empty’.  She responded ‘you drank it.”  The Alzheimer’s cured his alcoholism, she’d say. This only occurred because his condition made him prone to confabulation.  Maybe this is a story we make up to explain the phenomena of life?
I’ve argued I’m the ‘gnat on the elephant’s ass who is always screaming ‘right’ ‘right’ and when the elephant eventually turns ‘right’. I take credit with my gnat buddies bowing.
I’m the kazoo in the symphony of life. I don’t even know how to read the music.  Does the butterfly think the philosopher or the philosopher think the butterfly?
Functional MRI studies show that the brain fires “berfore’ I’m consciously planning an action, Like confabulation, the action precedes the idea.  
The dichotomy is that this life may be scripted.  St. Francis called his body. Brother Ass.  Asked if he’d be coming along, he ‘d say ‘Brother Ass willing.”
Yesterday is a memory. Tomorrow is not yet come.  The collective conscviousness, all the myriad of dreamers in the muldimensional reality all deciding anf interacting collectively. I could very well just be the voice over on a cartoon called life.
Denial of death is coupled with denial of birth. I exist but I don’t know except by hear say or speculation my origin or departure.
The ‘games’ that are being played are as close a proximity to the ideas of existence in the sci fi fantasy world of computer games.  This is dungeon and dragons on steroids.  Maybe a critical mass is needed for an ‘event’ to occur.  We don’t know how many synapses must fire before a muscle mass reactions. There’s all that ‘kindling’ hypothesis to deal with. Just as we’re thinking the brain is n organic quantum computer there’s the energy matrix to consider. All is energy or thought and matter is just slow energy so time becomes the critical factor. It’s all relative.
There is one God.  



 

No comments: