Monday, August 9, 2021

Gratitude

Thank you God for this day.  Thank you God for waking me. Thank you for Madigan who after the alarm went off, as usual jumped on my face. His puppy greeting. Thank you for the morning tussle getting him off me. Thank you for the snooze bar and all technology that adds to my life. Thank you again for my wakening. Thank you for again the tussle with the dog. Thank you that my back was less sore with weather changes.  My body the barometer. Thank you for indoor plumbing. Thank you for my dreams. I live in two lives. This incredible dream life of adventure and peninsula and sailboats and rooms and wonderful people like a conference or resort and this life I’m now in. Thank you for my trailer , this remarkable compact so comfortable mobile space that’s luxurious and spacious than my yacht.  Help me to continue to reduce what I need to essentials.Help me get the stamina and drive to attack the storage locker again.  I feel lighter when ever I let go of the past. Help me to pass it on to those who would enjoy today what I loved yesterday.  Thank you for my boats and vehicles and motorcycles. Thank you for my rifles and tennis rackets and golf clubs and all the tools I’ve had for doing carpentry, building and repair. Thank you for the education in diesel maintenance and all the lessons in repair and maintenance. Thank you for my academic learning. I always have a fond feeling for libraries and places of books . The internet is not the same. The selection is not as broad and the finds not so exhilarating, God, please guide my search and show me the way.  Help me today know ‘thy will’ and give me to the power to carry it out.’  I know it’s been wearying in my work these months, depressing and soul destroying, such despair and anger and sadness. Help me to resist being pulled into the doom and gloom that grabs me by the heart and twists me. Help me to not lose touch with you in the darkest places. Help me protect myself emotional and physically.  
Protect me,
Protect me from enemies,
Protect me from mobs
Protect me from the Godless.
Protect me from the love less
Protect me from fearful,

Thank you for all the blessings of this life , all the fond memories, of family and friends, and times that have gone before. Thank you for all the institutions and educating, teachers and mentors and associates.

Guide me Lord.  

Thank you. 

Hallelujah!!!
Madigan not only ate the left overs on the paper plate, but he tore up the plate.  I’ve vacuumed up his left overs, again. Thank you for Madigan. Lord I know he’s a puppy and one day he will be like Gilbert, more serene and a stable companion,. But right now Lord he’s a darling though difficult delight with endless enthrusiasm, love and surprises. 


No comments: