Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Riverhaven RV Park, going home

This Victoria Day long weekend has been wonderful.  Laura and I and Madigan have slept a lot. I’ve barbecued so we have had steaks each night with storebough salad kits , potato salads and only one night boiled eggs with butter and sour cream.  Laura has made cold cut sandwiches.  Each evening we’ve each had a ice cream bar thanks to the freezer compartment in the camper fridge.  
I’ve walked Madigan about the camp several times a day, stopping to study the fast flowing high river that is above the beach line.  We’ve read. I’ve read several books . 44 Scotland by McCall Smith has had me thoroughly entertained by Bertie and Irene, second gap year Pat, lost Mathew, wise Dominica and countless antics the folk in this Edinburgh building get up too along with Big Lou’s cafe and Dr. Fairbairn’s psychotherapy office.  I definitely did the full range of laughter from bell laughing guffaws, to chuckles to snickers to chortles reading it. So thanks to Amazon I’ve ordered the second one in the series. I’d already read severeal of his Number One Lady‘s Detective Agency so feel thankful he is most prolific and I’ve some dozen more to read.  
I did get out in on the Honda 420 Tracker riding high up into the mountains on the logging trails to where I sighted in my Ruger 223 bolt action and my Ruger 30:06 bolt action. I was chillier in the high country so not so pleasant the one day it rained.  Madigan rode behind me in his box with a leash attached.  He really does like these rides and each day on his own would jump on the quad and sit up wanting to be put in the box for another expedition.
I did take pictures of marmots.  
Bear season was still open but I had my Nikon and imagined if it was right in front of me on the road I’d take a picture rather than a shot. The idea of all the work of hauling the bear back to the road and getting it down off the mountain seemed too much work for my back which has been kind to me these last few weeks so I’ve not had any desire to undue the process, to say nothing for the bear who I’m sure would like to live.  Fortunately I didn’t have to make a decision as none appeared and I was happy to shoot targets and drive about in the country with my dog.
We had eggs and bacon for breakfasts and toast and jam.  Eating is becoming a looked forward to event.  Followed by coffee and reading.  Neighbours had dogs and our dogs visitted a bit while we smiled and nodded and discussed the weather.  Half the days were rain and the other half were sunny.  We had the most extraordinary thunder and lightning one day.  Quite the scarey sort.  
I had a couple of showers always enjoying in indulging in my little’s homes on site amenities.  We had shore electricity and water as well as sewage hose.  Glamping is what my friends call it.  I rather enjoy it.  Laura takes time with make up and generally is a the most beautiful companion and a delight to share time with.  
I actually wrote some of western story. It’;s like playing guitar. I have to be relaxed to enjoy these past times.  Sketching is the one that I only do when I’m really relaxed and off the clock. It’s a while since I’ve felt so childlike.  Mostly I’m busy and affected by the news still though at a distance in the woods.  There are calls but and texts but none needed to be addressed on the weekend so I was thankful for that. I could ‘play’ instead letting my imagination make a story. I do look forward to doing more of that.  Telling tales.  It’s like writing poetry but more childlike and fun.  A bit of see one do one too.  I read so much it’s a pleasure to add to the written story word.

Now it’s time to gather up things and load up before heading home .  Check out is 11 and it’s only 9 so coffee first.

It’s been a marvellous time off from work.  A gentle time.  I’m so very thankful .  God is good all of the time. Thank you Jesus.  











No comments: